Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks, but i`m just lucky to have high quality tools available:bigsmile:. Have been shopping today:spend:, this is going to be the legs. More pics is coming up.

IMG_0010.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi guys, need one last help.
Could anyone tell me how much cabinet damping and what kind of materiel is recomended to use in sonosubs. Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks, it`s realy nice to be here:T:T
Have done some researching into dampening, and have no more q`s aboat the build. Starting to cut out the parts to the "engine" and the "enginehood" this week.
"I`ll be back" with more pics.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi Atle. I have a guided trimmer for my router, the first layer is rounded and will be used as a guide to the next layers, i`ll show you when i post the next pics this weekend.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is how i did it, uses the first layer as a guide. But it`s important to use a good jig-saw to cut close up to to the line.
IMG_0026.jpg
The anchor for the speaker-screws.
IMG_0017.jpg
When i glue the third layer i had to use tape on the anchores so the glue don`t get in the threads
IMG_0023.jpg
The third layer is asambled
IMG_0024.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The "Mickey Mouse ears" are for the legs, think you will love them when i has put the finishing touch to the build. It`s not possible to build a sonosub in other fashion than a tube. I`ll try to bring some new ideas to the build.:ponder:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The 4th layer mdf in the bottomcap is glued,
coming up is the legs and the plate for the speakerterminals, and the final paintjob.

IMG_0029.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This is the complete port-tube with top plates and damping.
Has not finnished the top cover yet, are going to made it in hard-wood
IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

21 - 40 of 123 Posts