Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
The port is not down firing, it is 6" x 30" and is assambled in the top cap, se the pics in this thread.
Ah OK. You should be good!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Hi guys. Been busy for a while, family and a new bathroom.
Started the paintjob on the bottomcaps yesterday. To get a nice result i`ll paint it with 5 layer black and 2 layer clear.
IMG_0049.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
This is the top-cap, or the enginehood as i like to call it. it`s 4 layers 19 mm MDF and one support for the damping.
sub2 001.jpg

This is how it`s assambled, the dampingmaterial is a high density 100 mm fiberboard made for basstraps, not sure how it will work in the tube.
sub2 003.jpg

Inside the tube
sub2 005.jpg

The tube assambled with the top-cap, the port mouth is not ready yet
sub2 006.jpg

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Yes it did take more time than planed , but the end is near :jump:. I`ll paint the top-cap and cover the tube with fabrics next week.
Are you planning to use any absorbing material inside the tube???...If you do, remove the wax layer before aplying any glue (I used the pink stuff and learned the hard way) :bigsmile:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Are you planning to use any absorbing material inside the tube???...If you do, remove the wax layer before aplying any glue (I used the pink stuff and learned the hard way) :bigsmile:
I did not planned to use any absorbingmaterial inside the tubewalls, but i use a 4" in the top-cap designed for bass-traps. did study some theory about damping and i am not sure how big difference it will make. I tried to move the wax layer and it was not easy, did grind the tube inside with sandpaper. Outside the tube i did erasure with a knife and grind it with sandpaper, i realy hope the glue is fixed properly. I dont like to learne the hard way this time, used to many hour on this build.
Anyway thanks for your reply:T

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I tried to move the wax layer and it was not easy, did grind the tube inside with sandpaper. Outside the tube i did erasure with a knife and grind it with sandpaper...
Sandpaper is not enough (I used a sander too); what I endup doing was to remove the layer completely (tube is made from thin layers of paper).

Good luck ...I'll wait for the finished product pictures :T

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Sandpaper is not enough (I used a sander too); what I endup doing was to remove the layer completely (tube is made from thin layers of paper).

Good luck ...I'll wait for the finished product pictures :T
Thanks a lot salvasol, i`ll remove the first layer before assambling the tube to the bottom-cap. Its to late to do anything with the top-cap. I`ll post pics to you all, i realy looking forward to finish this subs, and hope this babyes rock my house:hsd:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
This is the tube assambled on the bottom-cap, more pics when i have cover the tube with fabrics. sub2 008.jpg

61 - 80 of 123 Posts