Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Working hard to finish this subs within this saturday. This is the top cover with portmouth.
Tomorrow i`ll paint it with the same q as the bottomcap.
sub3.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I think the flavor is very tasty, but my wife is not agreed:gah:
Well, its a lgl-design, i want to have the ability to replays the fabrics simply if necesseary, and this was the idea that came up, i think it gives a massive impression.

And Atle, i love them already, tomorrrow is the big day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The paint work is simply beautiful. What are you using? And what is your procedure? I hope I have the skills to pull off a beautiful paint job like that. Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
The paint work is simply beautiful. What are you using? And what is your procedure? I hope I have the skills to pull off a beautiful paint job like that. Thanks
Hi there and welcome to the Shack. I did apply aerosol spray paint. You have to spray several thin layer every 5 minute and finish it with one last thick layer. Hold the can about 12- 15 " away from the object.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Did you try them yet?

Well, did ya?
Soon:snoring:
Have you tried them now?
Very soon:whistling:
How about now?
As soon as possible:jump::jump:
Hm?
:jiggy:
Wait for my reply later today or tomorrow, i will update you all after testing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the Shack. I did apply aerosol spray paint. You have to spray several thin layer every 5 minute and finish it with one last thick layer. Hold the can about 12- 15 " away from the object.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been lurking around here for a while just making my brain bigger. :reading:

Anyways, thanks for the heads-up on the aerosol paint. Do you mind if I pick your brain for just another second?

Did you use a primer before you applied the paint? Also, did you use a clear coat? If so, did you sand the paint before applying the clear coat? Sorry, for the questions I am just trying to inflate the brain some more. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been lurking around here for a while just making my brain bigger. :reading:

Anyways, thanks for the heads-up on the aerosol paint. Do you mind if I pick your brain for just another second?

Did you use a primer before you applied the paint? Also, did you use a clear coat? If so, did you sand the paint before applying the clear coat? Sorry, for the questions I am just trying to inflate the brain some more. :)
Hi turdlepoker.
I use a primerfiller and sant it with 240 and 400 grade sandpaper. I did not apply clear coat on the top cap but the bottom cap was applyed with two layer clear coat, and if you apply it before the paint is dry you dont have to sand it, but be carefull, the clearcoat is very difficult, apply it in many thin layer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
Hi guys.
This was the big weekend. and i did a lot of testing.:yay2:
This is the most powerfull sub that i ever experienced, i simply love them. I can imagine what they can do when i finish the adjustments and the acoustic threatment.
The spaceship in Wall-e did land in my HT and the 12 GA shotgun in Open Range went off right in my face. It was awesome. I have two Clark tactiles I dont need anymore.
My neighbours:scared::scared::scared::scared:
The audience:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:
Thanks to the members of the shack that contribute to this build.:kiss:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Re: SonoSplinter RL-P15 build

You'll love them!

Beware though. Mine are jumping a bit on the floor at insane levels. I've been told it's because I have no baseplate. Maybe you should consider that in your design.
And you told me this, and yes it`s jumping a bit at insane levels. My solution is attach the legs to the floor with a bolt. Thanks for your heads up Atle.:T

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Ok guys.
Here is the picture of my new sub, and i`m very pleased with the result.
sub5 005.jpg
And this is a little detail on the top cap. A good friend of mine lol and said "pimp my sub":rofl:
I think it is the final touch
sub5 004.jpg

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Give yourself a pat on the back Iglura. That's one of the classiest looking tube builds I've ever seen.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts