Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Just had a thought. I was dead set on two maelstrom Gen 2's in a sealed box, but I just ran of a graph in WinISD and the soundsplitters are only 1db down at 10 hz, the same at 20hz but creep up to 2db over from then on. The maelstroms are £400 each and the soundsplitters are £250. Is there much performance difference between the two.

The maelstroms are rated at 1500 watts and the soundsplitters are 1000 watts.

Can you advise me please as it is pretty much down to the maelstroms, FI Q18's and the soundspitters.

Does it matter whether I get dual 2 or 4 ohms subs.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
55 Posts
What will your application be?

Are you set on a sealed box or could you use them in a sealed box, ported box, sonotube, IB..etc.

Will they be used for a theater or music or both?

Will you be using them for infrasonics or audible freqs?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Home theatre use in a sealed box which will be 36" long by 24" wide by 30" high.
I will be running them in a dual opposite configuration run by a behringer europower 4000 amp.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
55 Posts
Someone else will have to chime in as I am in love with the IB concept and do not like the coloration of sound from sealed enclosures.

My personal feeling on that size box with any of those speakers is that it will be boomier than you are looking for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Most parts have been received in storage and the production on RL-p18's is soon (1 - 2 months) to be underway. As many of you know, the bankruptcy of TC Sounds threw quite a wrench into my production schedule, as several deposits were made immediately prior to their closure and I have been left waiting for product with limited capital ever since. Fortunately, production is finally gearing up (although Audiopulse brand woofers will be hitting the line first) and I am optimistic that both RL-p18's and RL-i8's will be shipping again during the 1st quarter of 2010. My sincere apologies for the exceptional wait, but I'll keep grinding away at this so long as there is a demand for these groovy subwoofers. In the meanwhile, I currently have TC2+ based 8" woofers (Orphan 8's) available, as well as RL-i10's, a few RL-p12's, RL-s12's and RL-s15's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts