Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is it? well here, just look!

My 2 all time favorite vids were from ROE but it recently got bought out and the transition killed the vids! I am very upset right now. But moving along...

13 dub 7 playin late nite tip by three 6 mafia

that was INSANE, right?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've seen the Fs3 suspension vid before. It still boggles my mind how wild that is.

Speaking of Late Night Tip....6.5" subs can have fun TOO!

And one other...

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is sweet! maintain your trunk footprint, looks clean and neat hanging down, sounds amazing, at least through a camera to my cheap surround sound. Do people always coment "man they hit so hard" due to their size? lol

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Josh, if you get a little time away from that DTS, would u mind makin a vid of Opus Dei with your XXX in that huge LLT?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Ryan,

My problem is that the only video camera that I have access to now does the dreaded blurring/wavy cone thing. It looks like poo and the sound is even worse. It's not worth posting vids with. I'll try to get a new one soon.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ryan,

My problem is that the only video camera that I have access to now does the dreaded blurring/wavy cone thing. It looks like poo and the sound is even worse. It's not worth posting vids with. I'll try to get a new one soon.
EH HEM! Did you hear that Raven?

Josh that would be sweet. 50-60mm would be killer and you like pushin limits anyway

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Here are a few of my sub vids:

Bass I Love You

The Bass Will Destroy You:

Gripping the Grain C&S (I needed to turn it up louder!! :neener:)

Bass I Love You C&S

A different The Bass Will Destroy You

Opus Dei

Is passive radiator excursion allowed in here also?? :bigsmile:

Tangerine Sky by Kottonmouth Kings

Late Night Tip

Suprisingly, the Kicker ipod dock sounds really good. Very clear mids and highs, but it could have used an actual sub instead of the passive radiator, but it definitely help with the bass.

That's all that I got...hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Here are a few more vids:

Drug Money (chopped and screwed) - Lil Burn

Clubbed to Death - Rob Dougan (mfx150's version)

A few random test tones (12hz, 11hz, 10hz, 20hz) but really cool stuff
Edit: What is that aweful popping noise in this video? It's not there in person, so I'm not really sure.

Bass I Love You with no HPF. Watch my shorts closely when I put the camera on them. They are moving quite a bit. It looks like they are moving a lot more in person though.

The Bass Will Destroy You with no HPF. Not much pants movement, but the walls are shaking quite a bit :bigsmile:

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That square PR is the ( Katt Williams style here ) best! The dock looks like the Kicker amps, cool theme. Can't go wrong with Late Nite Tip!

YES PRs allowed, everything goes down here at car audio where us weirdos and freaks can lurk ;)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That square PR is the ( Katt Williams style here ) best! The dock looks like the Kicker amps, cool theme. Can't go wrong with Late Nite Tip!

YES PRs allowed, everything goes down here at car audio where us weirdos and freaks can lurk ;)

I was really suprised at how good the Kicker iK500 sounds. It has crystal clear mids and highs, and pretty well definied bass. It's just on songs like AC/DC's stuff where it lacks in the bass departments slightly. For $150, I would definitely buy one if I didn't already have one. The bass is strong enough on some songs to move an itouch, phones, and a 30 pound glass table around quite a bit :bigsmile:

I wonder what my sub would sound like outside? (i.e. out of a room. lol)

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
these vids are terrible. if ure not into watching very bad speaker vids, then do not watch these please. it was just something to do. my camera is terrible ( operator error, thanks Raven ;) ) it is NOT loud like this camera makes it seem... but considering it is an IB3 18 in a box off a $40 walmart surround sound in a box receiver, it's amazing. the sound is distorted and loud so turn your volume down!

This one was supposed to show the drastic difference when I get into Listening Position #1 and 2 vs the center of the room...didn't work out that way, camera just distorts it all

at 2:08 you can see the Walmart recveiver LOL then right after Bass I Love You actually gets the cone moving a bit, otherwise peak excursion is around 1/2" to 3/4". At 4:20 notice the volume go up in listening position #2. The point is I get massive room gain, so if I get an EP2500 or EP4000 I will be set!

lame

·
Registered
511 Posts
EH HEM! Did you hear that Raven?

Josh that would be sweet. 50-60mm would be killer and you like pushin limits anyway

The camera I use is a Sony DSC-W7. It's obvious from my videos that it has a filter rolling off the bass which saves it from distorting. A quick look on eBay shows them selling used for under $100. I do have a second piece of recording gear that I might be able to record actual concert volume bass on, and then overlay that with the cheap camera video. I just have never done that before...it can't be too hard with some video editing software.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The camera I use is a Sony DSC-W7. It's obvious from my videos that it has a filter rolling off the bass which saves it from distorting. A quick look on eBay shows them selling used for under $100. I do have a second piece of recording gear that I might be able to record actual concert volume bass on, and then overlay that with the cheap camera video. I just have never done that before...it can't be too hard with some video editing software.
YES, I did notice! I was like... where's all the bass? Or should I say distortion...

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this cam is terrible and it adds so much high bass... owell, i just cant help myself... couldnt believe the wall oscillations I get with this

Volume down! OH, and they were talking about Opus Dei in this sceen! The Boss had an Opus Dei rosary put on this guys father at his funeral.

funny

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.