Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
They do look alot like either older Monitor audio or some older B&Ws?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They do look alot like either older Monitor audio or some older B&Ws?
There is no information on any of these speakers. The cross over is the simple capacitor resister type. I have never seen a dust cap on a driver like that before. Ec20016 is stamped on the outside of the speaker rim. Perplexed garry

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Identify these speakers

None on the back on the magnets or anywhere. none on the speaker post.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I dont think their high end speakers given the fact that there is no markings and that tweeter does not look like anything special. Several speaker manufacturers use that sort of driver with the pointed dust cap so not too unusual.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did look at B&W page. They sure look like the Kevlar® brand fibre cone FST midrange.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea nobody seems to know what they are. Time for a new home project. Any suggestions on speaker and crossover replacement? What about speaker insulation?

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Interesting,... White Van? Perhaps, but how many White Van type speakers use a real phase plug driver? or is that an illusion?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yea nobody seems to know what they are. Time for a new home project. Any suggestions on speaker and crossover replacement? What about speaker insulation?
The cabinets are probably resonant and not worth putting good drivers into without some work. If the cabinets are less than 3/4" MDF I wouldn't bother.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts