Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to start my room any time now and need some advice on where my speakers should go. I am going to be using a ONKYO TXSR706. This is a quick sketch of my room.

Any advice on the type of speakers and sub and where the should go?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I am going to be using a ONKYO TXSR706. This is a quick sketch of my room.

Any advice on the type of speakers and sub and where the should go?
Did you already set up the room (seats, screen, riser, etc.)??? :huh:

If you haven't, I suggest to turn everything around to the oposite wall (screen where you have the seats, and seats where you have the screen) :yes:

If you can, try to leave at least one foot from wall to back of couch ... and hopefully your sweet spot is in the front row :yes: :bigsmile:

Ideally everything has to be centered on the room (in your case everything is to the left, and believe me I understand that you have to work with what you have, in my case everything is against the right side :bigsmile:).

If you can't do anything, I suggest to change the door to open to the outside (if possible), that way it won't block the speaker on that side.

Are you planning on a 5.1 or 7.1 system??? ... I assume 7.1; the surround has to be between the two rows of seats and the back surrounds (if used) on the back wall.

Front speakers will go on the sides of the screen (by the way, how much space do you have between screen and wall on the left side???) ... center can go above or below screen, and the maximum distance between front speakers and center speaker tweeter can't be more than 24" for a better blend :yes:

Do you have the speakers or not yet??? ... Are you considering bookshelves or floorstanders???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts