Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a used pair of the Focus We and I love them a lot but I have a question for anyone who may know.

Both speakers as many know have ports for the subs. My speakers have been moved a lot and the stuffing has shifted around one of the cabs has stuffing blowing out of the ports sense it got in the way of the air.

Should there be a clear path from the rear of each driver to the port to let the air flow correctly or should there be no path and just move the stuffing so it does not block the port?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I love how they sound. Still moving them around to see what I can get out of them and will when money recovers ordering traps for sure.

I did talk with Bill over email a bit he has not said one way or the other on it as of yet and I want to know.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It will affect the sound in some way. If there is stuffing in the tube, this simulates a longer tube and therefore changes the tune of the port. Also, possibility of wind noise if loose or "flapping" against inside. I don't know if any of it would be audible or under what circumstances it would be audible. I would try to move the stuffing back to the place where it should be. Usually this involves taking off a woofer and fixing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts