Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade from my B&W DM603 S3 and was looking at the $3k-$4k range possibly. At the very low end of price I was looking at the new B&W 683 S2 and at the top the B&W CM10 S2. I was wondering what other speakers in this range to consider. I want to be able to audition them so internet brands are somewhat out sadly as I don't want to pay for shipping back etc, SVS would be ab exception as they have an amazing reputation. I was thinking of looking at Goldenear, Dynaudio, Martin Logan, Revel, PSB and KEF. The ones that really have caught my eye are the Goldenear Tritons and the B&W as I love B&W speakers, but not sure how they all compare so just want people's thoughts. I live in the Raleigh/Durham NC area if that helps you know if there's a dealer by me as I know I am missing a lot of ones I should listen to. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really because I can. I still really like the 603s and living in an apartment i honestly can't even stretch their legs currently. The main reason is I have some stock options from my old company I will probably be exercising here soon for hopefully $2k-$3k and I may not have a chance again any time soon to upgrade so I was thinking of taking this opportunity to do so. Maybe just getting the 683 S2 for $1650 and a separate amp from Emotiva would be a great way to go as even the 683 S2 has a ton of upgrades from the 603s.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have one as in an apartment it would only cause issues. However when I do get one I plan on building it myself anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, the SVS Ultra is one that comes up a lot along with Goldenear Triton Two/Three and I love B&W so that already makes it hard. I wonder how the SVS Ultras and Goldenears compare.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably a good idea to add Focal, Tannoy and PSB to your list. Sonus Faber too I guess. I enjoyed the audition process. Sounds like fun!

Edit: focal has a pronounced bottom end and great treble air. Their claim to fame.
In the car audio world Focal is known for having a very bright tweeter, some even think they're harsh so I've kind of been skipping them in home audio because of it but sounds like I should check them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts