Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SpeakerCraft V12 Subwoofer Review Discussion Thread​

Conclusion
The SpeakerCraft V12 presents an interesting dichotomy; for every good feature there seems to be one that's the opposite. Styling is a matter of personal preference -- so you have to judge that part for yourself -- but it's appearance is a bit too anonymous for my liking. I feel the V12 could benefit from a little better dynamics, and some additional lower extension would be nice as well. Although to SpeakerCrafts credit they do appear to have properly rated the V12's frequency response (28Hz-200Hz), not something most other subwoofer manufacturers can say. One thing there's no questioning though is the anti-clipping circuitry; it's really nice to see a subwoofer ardently protect itself from abuse, and try as I might it simply would not allow me to over do it. It's rare someone gets that feature as right as SpeakerCraft did. The V12's list price does seem a bit on the high side for what you get, but perhaps you can work with the dealer on that (the SpeakerCraft products are available exclusively through independent dealers).

Read the Full Review: SpeakerCraft V12 Subwoofer Review

·
Registered
490 Posts
Re: SpeakerCraft V12 Subwoofer Review

Thanks for the review Jim! :T

At that price and the results of your review, it sounds like the $899 could be spent wiser elsewhere.....
not to mention the quality control issue.look at the crack in the wood.its right below the amplifier on the inside shot.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

not to mention the quality control issue.look at the crack in the wood.its right below the amplifier on the inside shot.
Are you referring to that black, hair-like thing hanging from the bottom of the amp housing? If so, that's actually just a piece of plastic from the housing itself - it's not a crack in the rear panel of the cabinet.

·
Registered
490 Posts

Are you referring to that black, hair-like thing hanging from the bottom of the amp housing? If so, that's actually just a piece of plastic from the housing itself - it's not a crack in the rear panel of the cabinet.
oops my bad on my small tablet screen it looked like a crack.glad you cleared that up.:T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts