Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to offer CNC services in the DIY speaker forums. I do want to make a little more than cost, so it's not a free service. Do I have to go the sig route? Or am I allowed to post an announcement like Graham has (I don't expect it to be sticky)?

Thanks!
--Myles

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... I don't *think* so? The idea was to do custom CNC chops and then ship to the speaker builder. It may actually not make financial sense. I haven't researched what local chop shops would charge for the equivalent service. Could be that the shipping/handling costs will make it a null/void idea. It's a work in progress. And one needing community feedback.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Hmm... I don't *think* so? The idea was to do custom CNC chops and then ship to the speaker builder. It may actually not make financial sense. I haven't researched what local chop shops would charge for the equivalent service. Could be that the shipping/handling costs will make it a null/void idea. It's a work in progress. And one needing community feedback.
I think if you're offering a paid service, you would need to go through a sponsor subscription process, I would also need another mod's opinion on here.

Lee

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean to do other-than-sig, right? I'm not a "real business", so there won't be any sponsor subscribing. I'm just trying to make a few bucks on the weekend while doing something I wish had been available to me when I was hacking away with a table saw and plunge router cutting panels and circles that just barely fit together. I would describe the service as "Custom Flat Pack".

This is from the HomeTheaterShack advertising rules:

What advertising is allowed?

We allow you to create a signature file which can be up to four lines long and contain a link to your company, phone number, and and your name. Text in the signature must be standard font size (2) and must not contain any questionable content or sales pitches.

Any signature file that is longer than four lines or contains large fonts will be deleted.

Once you create a signature file you are free to participate in meaningful conversation on the board.

As you gain a reputation on the board you will also be advertising your company via your signature.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
You mean to do other-than-sig, right? I'm not a "real business", so there won't be any sponsor subscribing. I'm just trying to make a few bucks on the weekend while doing something I wish had been available to me when I was hacking away with a table saw and plunge router cutting panels and circles that just barely fit together. I would describe the service as "Custom Flat Pack".

This is from the HomeTheaterShack advertising rules:
Hey there,

To clarify a little further, you are allowed to set up a signature, but if you post on the site with any sales pitches, or place any sales pitches in your signature, it is against the rules.
Unless you become a paid sponsor.
Take a look at these rules here; http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/getting-started-hometheatershack-com/149809-hometheatershack-com-community-rules.html

I hope that helped clear some things.

Richard.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, but it is still unclear. You see my quote in my last post, right? It says that advertising in the sig is allowed. I will quote it again below. Thanks Richard.

What advertising is allowed?

We allow you to create a signature file which can be up to four lines long and contain a link to your company, phone number, and and your name. Text in the signature must be standard font size (2) and must not contain any questionable content or sales pitches.

Any signature file that is longer than four lines or contains large fonts will be deleted.

Once you create a signature file you are free to participate in meaningful conversation on the board.

As you gain a reputation on the board you will also be advertising your company via your signature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts