Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

It's not a high tech check out. :) I have to correspond with the buyer anyway since we have to coordinate that all the video links do in fact work. There is sometimes a little back and forth with this, but usually all taken care of within an hour or so if everyone is near a computer. If not ... a day.

The writing in bold red on the site does indicate a need for the email from you tube ... :p

Regards

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The total number of videos is now at 24. Michael has recently added 4 more including 3 new free videos. The free ones cover how to profile a meter within the various software platforms. These free videos should be able to give you an idea of Michael's style and why you should purchase these videos if you're thinking about calibrating your display(s).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

Total number of videos is now at 26. Added one on Automation (Considerations). Sort of a when to do it and when it might be a bad idea.

Regards

·
Banned
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Michael, thanks.... I really like getting the update with links to "all" the videos. It was a little tougher with 18+ email messages. Is there a way on my end to have them as part of my Youtube account, where I can access them from anywhere... I think the answer is no, but just wanted to clairfy.

Keep up the great work..
tbaudoin

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know if you set up a favorite videos file in your you tube account, you should be able to see all the videos there ... as long as you are logged into what ever device you are using (and can access your favorites folder.)

I tested that out on one of my accounts on you tube. It should work ... knock on wood.

Took me a while to figure out that BCC thing in the emails as well as not having to reenter all those many email addresses every time I did another video. Servicing all the video subscribers has been a new thing for me too. :)

There are still some glitches as I get the videos uploaded and all the emails sent, but I forget to enter all the email addresses into the you tube system itself ... so no one can see it. Some one usually reminds me. :D

Oh yes ... don't know if anyone has noticed, but #26 is available in 720P HD ... (Given the time, I will slowly go back and convert some of the previous ones into HD.)

Regards

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any ideas as to what I can do to be able to edit the titles of the videos (see attached png). Calibration 01 and the name on the video is great, but looking at the other calibration videos they are all listed as [Private] and no name. There is no way to edit this that I can find. Any ideas? Is your Calibration 01 public?

I tried making them public from my end, but I have the same issue. I can't label or change the label of the video from [Private]. Probably a limitation of YouTube, but maybe a setting I am missing?

youtube editing (800x364).jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Editing titles ... that I don't know. A you tube thing. Can you create favorites folders? or enter them in numeric order.

Videos 1, 22,23,24 are all public ... aka Free view. That's why they show up.

Remember ... the videos are all available in one place on my website too. That area is PW protected but beyond that, all in the same place. If you find the videos play slow there ... you are not imagining. I am in the process of moving the hosting to somewhere else that is faster.

regards

·
Registered
53 Posts
I need to try them from the website, I hadn't visited that in a while.

The way I have been functioning across multiple devices is to access Yahoo and run them from the link there (from the mail folder). That is why I was so greatful when you started sending one email with all the links!! It made finding the titles much easier:O.

I just remembered that I had already traveled down the "favorites" road a while back, and that was what I couldn't figure out then.

There must be a work around somewhere that would be good for smart TVs/streaming boxes with YouTube. I can always log in via browser, but not been a quick experience... C'est la. At least I can use them many ways. I use my iPho/pad to mirror it to the screen with AppleTv.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Editing titles ... that I don't know. A you tube thing. Can you create favorites folders? or enter them in numeric order.

Videos 1, 22,23,24 are all public ... aka Free view. That's why they show up.

Remember ... the videos are all available in one place on my website too. That area is PW protected but beyond that, all in the same place. If you find the videos play slow there ... you are not imagining. I am in the process of moving the hosting to somewhere else that is faster.

regards
I see what you mean on the website. I love them being there; very convenient and probably simplier for you to manage and edit. It loaded fine, played fine, but it was stop, load, play, stop, load, play... I just checked my speed on wifi and I got a 21ms ping/51+d/5+u, so I think I have the gate as wide open as I can get currently on TWC.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

The website will be faster when it gets moved ... another month or so. Watching the videos on the site currently should be done with a hard wire system ... and not with wifi ...

regards

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

Update to the series. I just added videos #27 and #28 to the collection. One is on the Calibration food chain as it were ... and the other is about the ISF and THX modes found in a whole bunch of displays and what they offer compared to the user controls the tv already has.

The THX Video Calibration class is $2000 and this video series now covers over 80% of the material in that class and still growing. All for 5% of the cost of that class.

If you are serious about learning how to do this right and you don't want to dick around for a year or more looking and scrounging for scraps of information ... then this is the place.

regards

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

Update to the series. I just added video #29 to the collection. This one is on the creation of B/W modes on the TV.

regards

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

The big #30 ... Stuff to consider when you are calibrating TVs under studio lighting. WOW ... I hit 30. Never thought there would even be this many topics to talk about. (At least 5 more in the planning stage ... floating around in my brain.)

Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

This may be the wrong place to ask this, and I apologize now to you and all the site users out there, but I'll use the newbie excuse cause that's actually the case.
I just saw this thread and wanted to try...

Now, I have a question...
Is there anyway to get these instructions on a dvd disc? I'm really not wanting to get a "You Tube" account. I'm not the most literate computer user!
I totally understand the reasoning behind not wanting any hard copies out there as someone (DIRTBAG) would take it upon themselves to tape your hard work and distribute it to their friends or family. My wife and I are old school and would never do that.
I'll be 56 this month & she'll be 55. Our generation just wouldn't just doesn't do that. We were brought up with respect being a high virtue in this Italian family!
We respect other's property, space & hard work!

Obviously I would be glad to pay the extra for the costs of the discs and the time to create them.

My wife and I live in the Southeast corner of Wy in a town called Laramie.
There is absolutely, as far as my info search has revealed, nobody close to where we live to have our TV professionally calibrated, which I greatly would prefer!

I've tried to contact (could only leave a voicemail message) the closest folks to us if they would come up and calibrate our TV. Haven't even got an a "Take a Hike" response!

There just isn't a demand for a service of this type/cost here in Laramie to justify the trip here for them to set-up our TV. I totally understand that but, would have at least appreciated a response.
, I would even drive my unit down to Ft. Collins (where our set was purchased) or Denver to have it done.

If the answer is no I'll totally understand.
If the answer is yes... I'll even send them back to you so that you don't have to worry about a copy flying around out there.

Sincerely,

Aldo "Skip" Vassoler

P.S. Our TV I'm wanting to do the calibration on is our TCP55VT50.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts