Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

I shot the raw footage for parts 31 and 32 this morning. Editing phase now. They should be available later today or sometime tomorrow.

Part 31 is on Colorimeters vs. Spectros.
Part 32 is on Tint with a Meter ... Continuation of Part 10.

Current subscribers will automatically get access when I send out the updated link letter later today or tomorrow.

For what it's worth, you can watch it in HD 720p :D

regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you again Michael,

Will be back in touch with you soon.

Sincerely,

Aldo "Skip" Vassoler

P.S. New to this, should we do the PM thing?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

Just shot the raw footage for Part 33 this morning. It's in post production now. :) This part should be live later tonight or more likely tomorrow ... well soon anyway.

Part 33 ... APL patterns on Plasma TVs.

Current subscribers will get access when I fire out the mass email.

Thanks all for your continued support.

Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Michael.

Been a little while...
Sorry if it's been a while since I contacted you but, have been lame & laid up with my recent Spine Surgery.

What do I need to do to gain access to those calibration videos you've been so gracious to work on?

Also, I know this is time consuming and I would really like to compensate you, in monetarily form, for taking the time to do this for us/me.

I know this is a labor of love, most of the time, but please take me up on my offer.
Seriously...

Sincerely,

Aldo "Skip" VassolerSkip

P.S. If it's any easier to get you some appreciation moolah please let me know how to contact you for some thank you green!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

Just click through on this thread to the check out part of my website. Purchase it and I can deal with the particulars after that with you.

A reminder that DIY'er means that you will have to get hardware and software yourself from someplace like Spectracal.

Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you Michael.

Will do, and will get what I need.
Thanks for the lead on where to get the software & hardware needed.

Will get to your link tomorrow and purchase, from you, what I need for my first calibration.

Again... can't thank you enough,

Skip

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Michael,

Any hint regarding new calibration videos for the coming year?

Happy Holidays, and hope everyone has a wonderfully prosperous New Year!

tbaudoin

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

Dec. is likely shot ... given all the family activities ...
Jan is looking likely for when I shoot the next few videos. One on the effects of back lighting and the other on the CMS at 75% thing. Maybe an update to the approach to doing grayscale ... as well.

Best Regards

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm sure no matter what you shoot and share, we will all be the better and more informed for it. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

On the GS, were you thinking along the lines of unaligned and how to visually see it happening? It might be a little tedious, but I can see how that would help folks understand a number of things that are related (or maybe that's just me:O).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

Just shot the raw footage for Parts 34 and 35 a few days ago. It's in post production now and the laptop I use to do the editing had an SSD corruption. ARgh!!! The fix and rebuild was yesterday. Fortunately I did not lose the raw footage. This part should be live within a few days.

Part 34 ... Viewing Environment

Part 35 ... Grayscale Addendum 1.0

Current subscribers will get access when I fire out the mass email. If you let your subscription lapse, you can still renew as if you didn't. $20 for 6 more months of access or $50 for lifetime.

Regards

Read more: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/video-calibration/63136-special-video-calibration-training-videos-promotion-5.html#ixzz2quRbyukc

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Greetings

Just shot the raw footage for Parts 34 and 35 a few days ago. It's in post production now and the laptop I use to do the editing had an SSD corruption. ARgh!!! The fix and rebuild was yesterday. Fortunately I did not lose the raw footage. This part should be live within a few days.

Part 34 ... Viewing Environment

Part 35 ... Grayscale Addendum 1.0

Current subscribers will get access when I fire out the mass email. If you let your subscription lapse, you can still renew as if you didn't. $20 for 6 more months of access or $50 for lifetime.

Regards

Read more: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/video-calibration/63136-special-video-calibration-training-videos-promotion-5.html#ixzz2quRbyukc
Doh - thanks for the reminder - I keep forgetting to renew!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings

Uploading Video #36 to the system now. This one is another look at Gamma ... from a realistic perspective.

Current subscribers will get the updated email with the new link when I am ready to go.

Video #37 - setting contrast on Panasonic Plasma sets is going to be reshot ... as I want to do it a different way. If all goes well, it will be available next week some time.

As always, thank you for your continued support for this effort.

Regards

41 - 56 of 56 Posts