Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have speakers ( all DIY ), I wish to tune them as well as possible...
I bought a Sphynx sonometer in Belgium. Is it exactly the same device as Radioshack and can I use Radioshack calibration file?

Some features:
50Db->126Db
Precision +/- 2Db with 120Db SPL
Distortion <2% 1Khz
Frequence 32 à 10.000 Hz

Second question. I want connect sonometer to a sound card with mic inpout but the problem is that it's a mono input. I see it exists simple stéréo->mono such as >>here<< . Is it correct for speaker frequency measurement or is it necessary to change sound card fo a stereo one? My feeling is that this adaptator is strange..

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Is it exactly the same device as Radioshack and can I use Radioshack calibration file?
If it's exactly the same, I would use the Radio Shack cal file. It would certainly be closer than not using anything, since the RadioShack drops off quite a bit at low frequencies.

I want connect sonometer to a sound card with mic inpout but the problem is that it's a mono input
You really only want to use one channel, but microphone inputs are not suitable. You must use a line level input (line-in). The RadioShack meter outputs mono line-level (and I suspect the Sphynx does also).

brucek

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just see that sphynx line out is mono (documentation was confusing ) ! I will do a try with this configuration:

Thanks for answers :) . I will probably have more question about the use of the RoomEqWizard software ...

------------------------------
See my DIY HT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts