Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the amp from a spl-r series velodyne subwoofer to power another sub in a diy project? I trying to find out if there is any built in equalization, other then the 4 presets and automatic set-up. My understanding is that many of the manufactures include a generic equalization curve to compensate for the low frequency roll-off inherent in the very small sealed box designs. I'm also looking for the T/S parameters for the woofer. If anyone has a link to those that would be great.

I'm thinking about building a new box and using a passive radiator or a port to extend the low frequency response and spl.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Has anyone used the amp from a spl-r series velodyne subwoofer to power another sub in a diy project? I trying to find out if there is any built in equalization, other then the 4 presets and automatic set-up. My understanding is that many of the manufactures include a generic equalization curve to compensate for the low frequency roll-off inherent in the very small sealed box designs. I'm also looking for the T/S parameters for the woofer. If anyone has a link to those that would be great.

I'm thinking about building a new box and using a passive radiator or a port to extend the low frequency response and spl.
It can be a challenge to get too much information about an amp that's packaged with a driver. If you are familiar with REW, it might actually be possible to do sweeps and determine what the actual equalization programs are. I'm not familiar with that sub though.

Which model SPL-R? 800R 1000R?

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Good question Zeit, we need to know the model before we can make any informed recomendations. What you are thinking about doing is a possibility however. Let us know so we can help you out.:T

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. It's the SPL-800r. I just downloaded REW and bought the usb sound card thing I need for the mac. I have a mitey mike I built about 15 years ago, but I have no idea about it's calibration curve. Anyway, if I disconnected the speaker and connected some type of device to the amplifier outputs could I measure the frequency response to determine if there is a natural equalization curve?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts