Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I cant seem to save and recall SPL Logger files. Does anyone know if this is possible? Or maybe Im just missing something obvious...

thanks,
k

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And are you able to OPEN that same file and see it in the SPL Logger? When I try to open the data file, I get nothing.
k

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Yes, I just tried it again to be sure, when opening that same .txt file within the SPL Logger, the same graph shows up. Be sure you have boxes checked below the graph so the appropriate graph lines will be displayed, otherwise it will look blank.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
within the SPL Logger
That's the critical bit, the button to open SPL logger files is in the SPL logger window. I really should put an option for that in the main File menu, though I'm not sure what shortcut keys I have left. Another entry for the ToDo list.

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Speaking of shortcut keys.....

I have wished a thousand times for shortcut keys for the 1/12, 1/24, and 1/48 octave smoothing. I am going back and forth constantly and it really slows me down not having them. They could be the C-S-7, 8, 9 keys. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please??????????

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
I have wished a thousand times for shortcut keys for the 1/12, 1/24, and 1/48 octave smoothing. I am going back and forth constantly and it really slows me down not having them. They could be the C-S-7, 8, 9 keys. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please??????????
Sure, no problem. I've put that in for the next release.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,
Well I think I figured out what I wasnt able to see it- its becuase the trace is being downlard shifted by 120 dB. If I scroll way down to the -60 dB mark, then I can see the trace...

Any idea what would cause the trace to be shifted down like that?

Does it matter if Im trying to read a file back which was created on a different computer (with a different SPL calibration setting)?

thanks,
k

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
There is a "SPL cal offset" number in the log file, as well as identification of the computer it was taken on, so it does appear that the trace could be offset on a different computer. Sounds like one was SPL calibrated and the other was not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts