Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the latest version of REW, latest ASIO drivers running windows 7 64bit

I am new to REW so just trying to get it working...at least a measurement...

I have a Yamaha 3020 amp.
I have the DSP UMIK-1 USB Mic with cal file loaded.
REW has been configured in preferences and I can access all 8 channels on the Yamaha and I can get pink noise through to them from REW.
I'm assuming that if I use the generator from REW this can then be used to provide the sound the mic will pickup and the level is set using the SPL meter, however when I open the SPL meter the button to turn on the meter is not working, it does nothing if I try to click it, its window just blinks and nothing happens.
If I open the levels window and play pink noise the level meter in the middle (the input) changes if say I play pink noise so that means the mic is working right? In addition if I have the SPL meter window open the input bar displays a moving level but the top window is just grey...

Also If I click the measure button I get an error box 'SPL meter audio input not available'
Why is the SPL Meter not working?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Just to cover the basics, apologies if you have already been through this: are you using ASIO4All as the ASIO driver? If so, can you post an image of the ASIO4All control panel? It needs to look something like the image below, with both your output device and the UMIK selected so they are available to REW.

asio4all.jpg

The REW soundcard preferences then need to be set up to use the UMIK as input, an image of the REW soundcard preferences would be handy as well.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Thanks. If after startup you change sample rate to 44.1k then change it back to 48k does that enable the SPL meter button?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Sorry, one other thing - could you please check the REW log files (their location is shown in the About box, they are usually in a folder called REW in your home directory) and see if any errors have been logged?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Not many clues there. A possible workaround is to click the logger button on the SPL meter then start the logger, that may start the SPL meter. If it does, stop the logger and things should work OK after that. I'm away at the moment, will look further into this tomorrow night.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mine does this also when i open rew..when i change input device in preferences to either 1 or 2 it starts working again

·
Registered
910 Posts
I had the same problem. Changing input devices did got spl meter working for me

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sorry. error in my reply. It should read Changing input devices did activate the spl meter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts