Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone used Gulf Wax paraffin purchased at Walmart and that cured the squeaking problem for him
[/QUOTE
Use parafin wax,you can buy it in a box of 5 or six that look like bars of soap,stick down the sides of all rubbing leather surfaces,breaks the bond,stops the sueaks for about a month and just redo problem areas when the start making noise again,I keep a bar of it in a ziplock in my chair arm console.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIJ1h3TQEb8
gulf wax is great but a little clumsy to use since recliners seat very tight together which makes the leather squeak I usually crate the wax bar with a table knife with a serrated edge take the flakes rub them in or just drop some flakes into tight areas and recline chair a few times
Works great

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a set of 4 leather recliners last year, roughly 8 months ago. They are very squeaky - when I sit in them, recline, or just shift my weight. It's definitely from the leather, not the mechanism. I asked the seller for a remedy. He suggested Armor All which actually made them worse. His second recommendation was baby powder. Seemed to help a little but it's about the same as pre-Armor All. Any ideas? Should I just do a few more coats of AA, or baby powder?
Would you let me hear them myself it's a calming down effect

21 - 29 of 29 Posts