Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Soundsplinter RL-p15 LLT sonotubes that works really well in the rear center of my room. The problem is my projector is hung there, and the tubes are too tall to fit under it. So I'm going to lie them on the side, and stack them. They need to go on top of each other, like this: 8. I don't have space to put them both on the floor. How can I do this? Any tips to make them stay like that?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An architect friend of mine had the following suggestion:

Basically my timber frame, but hang the tubes from the frame on rubber strips. That will isolate the subs from the floor and frame, and keep them in place. I think it's a brilliant idea, but there may be pitfalls that I haven't thought of.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How would you secure the cradle to the actual tube?

The sonos are already built and been used about two years now. Was hoping to be able to keep them intact (no screw or glue) so I can use them for other things later on. Moving house in the not too distant future, who knows what is needed there.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, but then, large LLT sonotubes WILL vibrate, and so, inevitably, they WILL move a bit. And it won't take much to get the stack off balance and the top one will topple.

I think my model is the safer one, and with the tubes hanging off rubber straps will isolate them form the structure more too.

Also, with one each way maybe some of the forces will cancel out as well?

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
You could simply have them positioned at the ends of the tubes, and use a block/tab on the outside edges to retain the tubes. Or you could even use a router to put a groove on the edge of the wood that would allow the tube to rest in the groove- more complicated, but cleaner looking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.