Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hmmm, I just get a blank page when I click on the link?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Wow, and I thought my room was a lot of work!! That must of taken thousands of hours!!!
This is one of the slickest rooms I have ever seen. This one and the bat cave are my two
favorites.

Matt

·
Senior Shackster , Platinum Supporter
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, and I thought my room was a lot of work!! That must of taken thousands of hours!!!
This is one of the slickest rooms I have ever seen. This one and the bat cave are my two
favorites.

Matt
I think is more like THOUSANDS of DOLLARS:spend::spend:

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Didn't you see mine??? .....to bad it was destroyed (Death Star) so I can't take new pictures....:bigsmile:
Good one..:bigsmile:

I've seen that theatre before..and whilst it's very impressive and obviously cost a lot..and even though I'm a Star Wars fan...it some how doesn't quite grab me..
Maybe it has too many distracting shapes for my liking..I prefer to see nothing but the screen when watching a movie..not what's in the room..

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I agree with prof. when i watch a movie i want it to feel like a real theater very basic simple clean with warm tones and a warm feel to the room. a very dampinging feeling.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I saw a picture of a theater done up like the bridge of the Enterprise (Star Trek) and the actual screen was the front display that is used. Seating was just like the bridge and was placed around the room behind the control desks. he even had the captains chair.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Yeah..that's another well known theatre..and again, very cleverly done..
All of these theme style theatres look very nice with the lights on, but I don't think I would enjoy watching a movie in them..

There is another theatre ( I think it was a build on AVS ) that has a huge glass show case in one of the side walls..I think it was practically the whole wall..and in this show case he has a life size Velociraptor statue, set in a prehistoric theme..
Can you imagine having that at the side of you in a darkened room...Now that would be a distraction!! :scared:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I think these are more about being a fan than building a theater. There is a whole industry wrapped around fans of particular movies. I have a nephew whose job is buying and selling props and stuff from the sets of movies. The prices people pay for this stuff is like art...hard to comprehend if you are not into it. The build on something like that has a cost that likely dwarfs the cost of the AV equipment.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very cool setup, I like the Star trek one a little more just because there is seating on the enterprise already which blends with the room more. Then there is the view screen and Home theater screen as one, very cool.

The only thing is, when I look at the Star wars setup I look at the cost of the materials and time building it and think about what audio and video upgrades could have been used.

Although those speakers are very nice.

·
Registered
232 Posts
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW seeing it makes want to call my bank manager for a instant line of credit $150k should be ok. I now know what envy feels like.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You would need more than 150k I think. If those mains are meridians I believe that they cost a little over 25k for the pair.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
361 Posts
You would need more than 150k I think. If those mains are meridians I believe that they cost a little over 25k for the pair.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've seen that theater before. It truly is awesome work. I guess when you've got the money, you get what you pay for. He defiantly got a awesome theater out of the deal!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts