Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey room,

I just purchased a Mac Pro Dual 2.8. Prior to this, I had a g4 which I could not use Room EQ on I was told because the G4 didn't have audio ins and outs. The Mac Pro does. I have a MOTU 828 Mark 1 that I'm using as my audio interface. I also have the Radio Shack SPL analog meter. I was told that the Behringer is much better and very accurate for the price. Should I purchase or just use the Radio Shack SPL? My room is 14' x 13' x 8'. I have plenty of broadband absorption and basstraps, however, I've only installed the 6" bass traps in all the corners of the room (Ceiling to floor). I have not installed any broadband absorption (4") as of yet. I would like to see the response of my low end before I put any treatment at first reflections and ceiling. My monitors are KRK V8 series 1 and I also have a KRK V12 sub. My first use for "Room EQ" is to find the optimal placement for the V12 sub. What is the first thing I do? I would appreciate it if someone could walk me through the process.

Signed, T's crossed, I's dotted.

·
Super Moderator
9,253 Posts
I also have the Radio Shack SPL analog meter. I was told that the Behringer is much better and very accurate for the price. Should I purchase or just use the Radio Shack SPL?
The RS meter is fine if all you're measuring is bass response. For full range, you'll want to move up to the ECM8000.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts