Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the tutorial on the finish. You did an amazing job!
I have a pair of DIY speakers here that are going to benefit from your instructions.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Great job, it is gorgeous. I just built a sub and used some of the same materials but your procedure looks alot better. Next time I will do it the way you did to get that beautifull finish.:T

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank you all for the kind words. I did not have a chance to visit here the last few months. I'm glad that my lil instructions/procedures can help out the DIY communities. After all, I'm learning it from you guys :) I love this center speaker. The sound is beautiful. None of my friends believe that I built it :)

I love this finish but it required lots of hard work... compared to the veneer job that I did for my mains 4 years ago. I'm so tempted to upgrade my mains to the Statements... It never ends...

Al,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great job on this I am going to have to look through this thread more closely. Very interested in building a new center channel myself to go with my diy scanspeaks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
WOW I am impressed at how nice that looks. What center channel did you have before that you can compare it to. I am in the hunt for a different center channel as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That is an AMAZING finish. Very surprised to hear how it was done. Very very impressive!

Beautiful center, too. Great work!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very nice work, what brand of spray paint and lacquer did you use.
I completed a set of full size statements, mini's and the center last summer but have not put a finish on them yet.

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
You did a awesome job on your finish!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Man, that finish is sweet. Im planning some new mains and center and am looking for that quality of finish. Good job, really well done.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts