Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I fix this and what usually causes it?

One of my RTR ev9 occasionally makes a static noise.:dumbcrazy:??

help

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
How can I fix this and what usually causes it?

One of my RTR ev9 occasionally makes a static noise.:dumbcrazy:??

help
Are you sure it is from the speaker, and not your Receiver? I am not a repair tech, but in the past I have found static to be a loose connection, dirty RCA jacks, or dirty volume knob. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Are you sure it is from the speaker, and not your Receiver? I am not a repair tech, but in the past I have found static to be a loose connection, dirty RCA jacks, or dirty volume knob. Hope this helps you out.
Maybe XOVERS are broken?. My receiver is only 1.5yrs old I am 100% sure it is the speaker.:T No issues with any other speakers.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Take a look at the internal wiring, sometimes a loose connection at the crossover or at the speaker can cause this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do these have a continuously adjustable or step-wise adjustable tweeter and/or midrange control on the outside? If so, those pots or switches corrode over time and cause static. The old AR speakers were notorious for that.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are the drivers intact and free of any damage or deterioration? Bad surrounds, voice coil delaminating, or loose parts can all cause noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts