Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a discussion on HTS about Stax ear speakers, amps and the different models' features and benefits?

Thank You,

Rollin

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I know those are big time name brand "ear speakers", but I don't anyone that owns any. I guess because most of them are so expensive, especially those that have that signature Stax look to them... starting with the $420 SR-207's. You don't see them discounted much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know those are big time name brand "ear speakers", but I don't anyone that owns any. I guess because most of them are so expensive, especially those that have that signature Stax look to them... starting with the $420 SR-207's. You don't see them discounted much.
Sonnie,

It is difficult to find a dealer in the U.S. let alone one that discounts Stax products. And if I recall correctly, the $420 does not include a high voltage amp or whatever it's called.

I have decided against Stax, partially because of the expense of SR-307s (I would not buy the cheapest model of anything) and the fact that to run things through my receiver amp and be able to listen ot music and control the volume with the receiver's remote 15 feet away, it would involve more cabling that I am able to do.

Rollin

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
I would love to be able to contribute to this thread, meaning I wish there was some place in the neighborhood where I could listen to some. I have never had the pleasure, have only heard good things about them though, except for the cost. Stax headphones are a unique bird to be sure, but it seems that once you've listened with Stax, there is no going back. Considering the cost, maybe it's better not to hear them after all!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to be able to contribute to this thread, meaning I wish there was some place in the neighborhood where I could listen to some. I have never had the pleasure, have only heard good things about them though, except for the cost. Stax headphones are a unique bird to be sure, but it seems that once you've listened with Stax, there is no going back. Considering the cost, maybe it's better not to hear them after all!
Another problem is that there are three lower priced models, which I do not recall. Without being able to listen to them, I hesitate to order and try to return two of the three. There is also the problem if my listening fifteen feet from my receiver. The extension cord would add another expense and possible deteriorate the sound.

Rollin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts