Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the forum multiple ways and couldn't turn up mention of it. Price seems about the same as the UR22, biggest difference I can see from the Steinberg site is the addition of "loopback" functionality.

Has anyone used this device with REW? Is the loopback the same as what is needed for a reference channel? If so I suppose that would save a cable, and the slightly higher SNR doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Please see my comparison found here: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/146858-usb-audio-interface-sound-card-comparison-m-audio-presonus-steinberg.html

Please post any questions in that thread if they pertain to my measurements or the UR22mkII.

I would definitely NOT buy the UR22, but the UR22mkII as several issues appear to be fixed. I really like my UR22mkII, it blew away everything I tested it against as far as freq resp and THD. Also, noise floor for the mic input is below 125dB at mid level.

Searched the forum multiple ways and couldn't turn up mention of it. Price seems about the same as the UR22, biggest difference I can see from the Steinberg site is the addition of "loopback" functionality.

Has anyone used this device with REW? Is the loopback the same as what is needed for a reference channel? If so I suppose that would save a cable, and the slightly higher SNR doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, cool, thanks. Not sure why I couldn't turn up that thread in a search. Some forums are a bit wonky that way I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts