Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am curious how this SI HT 18" compares vs my two Maelströms? I got them in two 550 liter (+/- 20 cu ft) tuned to 13 Hz and do 118 dB. Can this woofer do this too? Or need there be two 18" in one (double sized) enclosure to have the same SPL?

No, I will not build them straight away, but I will wire for extra sub positions, just in case the urge is to forcefull... BTW, the two Maelström LLT's will go behind the CIH AT screen, so if I build more subs, it's also for evening out the potential mode issues.

Edit: I would be interested in one LLT with twin 18" tuned to 13 Hz. The position in the HT allows for about 800 liters (30 cu ft) but even 900 liters might be possible. Workable? Would it do 118 dB that way?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike, as ever: big thanks! I will save this post, I hope to start working in the room round the year end. Building a third sub will have to wait until that is done. Have a good spot reserved for it. Thinking about W=3ft x D=2ft x H=7ft give or take. Woofers placed one at each side hence the front can be treated acoustical. Woofers to be placed about 5 1/2 feet high in order to compensate for the lower positioning of the other LLT's to smooth out potential standing waves between floor and ceiling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts