Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this huge driver today and look forward to receiving, the almost, 15cuft box 40"wide, 30"tall , 20"deep from caraudiofactory in a few days.
I will be powering it with an Inuke 3000 in bridged mode. I also have a Velodyne 18" DD Servo that I have had before, and plan to see how it integrates with the big 24" sub. I also wanted to say that Nick from Stereo Integrity was such a pleasure to work with. He was right on it after the order was placed and sent me photo update emails as it progressed. He obviously has a great love for what he does and it shows. I'll give a report for those interested as it progresses.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Nick just stated the other day that he was putting zip ties, bolting driver to board and bagging the subwoofer in the packages now. Glad to see a picture of this.

·
Registered
248 Posts
No matter what... Big driver will always be something interesting to watch and want. I had heard of this monster but I really wanted to see it! Can't wait to see it in it's enclosure!

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Those are the Legacy Audio Whispers. 4way 11 driver design. There are four 15's in each speaker. SO add in the 24" and things should be just fine on the low end and dynamics. :T

·
Registered
376 Posts
Those are the Legacy Audio Whispers. 4way 11 driver design. There are four 15's in each speaker. SO add in the 24" and things should be just fine on the low end and dynamics. :T
Sweet setup! :)

I'm glad the HS 24 made it to you without any shipping damage. :T

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Sweet setup! :)

I'm glad the HS 24 made it to you without any shipping damage. :T
Great new packaging Nick. Should be great for everyone who is so luck to receive these 24's.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
OK, I've heard the Whispers before. That room picture has WOW'ed me like no other. WOW! :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks tesseract for liking my room :) A dedicated AV room for a variety of uses was always something that I wanted. I'm still waiting for my big cabinet to be made and since have switched to a local Chicago manufacturer to do so. Yes, I absolutely love the Legacy Whispers with the Meridian Reference 861 as the front end, soon to be replacing the older Whispers with the new super charged Whisper XDS (2 internal 500watt amps each) for the front 3 for now. I look very forward to report how the HS24 integrates in all of this as soon as I get the chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Out of curiousity how many of the zip ties were useable when the woofer arrived? I put a zip tie in each mounting screw hole so hopefully two or four of them were useable.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts