Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to inform everyone here that the HST 18" from SI is coming back. Should be good in small cabinets and will cost about 589 dollars each. And now there will also be an 11" , 12" and 15" brothers to the 18". :D

Thanks Nick.:D

Parameters for the 11" posted below from SI's FB page:
HST 11" T/S Parameters:

Re: 1.8 Ohm
Fs: 17.7 Hz
Qes: .39
Qms: 9.17
Qts: .37
Le: 2.5 mH
Sd: 36609.61 mm^2 (56.74 in^2)
Vas: 25.6 L
BL: 18.2
Mms: 626 g
Cms: 128
Xmax: 38mm (one-way linear)
Xmech: 50mm (one-way)

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Stereo Integrity HST 18 is back

Its another great uber 18" addition that is a cheaper alternative than the TC Ultra. Glad its back.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

T/S from other posts
Re: 1.78 Ohms
Fs: 17 Hz
Qes: 0.35
Qms: 6.66
Qts: 0.33
Le: 1.9 mH
Sd: 114009 mm^2 (176.71 in^2)
Vas: 283.2 liters
BL: 17.22
Mms: 522.6 g
Cms: 153
SPL: 88.31 (1W/1M)
SPL: 94.83 (2.83v/1M)

So far it has been stated as having 1500watts rms.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts

So... are you going to pull the trigger on a couple Chrapladm? Too bad the ported alignments with this don't look to good.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I think if wanting to go ported the only way to go is PR's or XO at around 50hz. I dont mind 30m/s in bigger sub designs with slot ports. And 7cuft 16hz 18 x 2.5 is not bad. Just on the edge. And considering I hardly push my subwoofers I may still do this. Will have to check out pricing total for me though. I think the Sundown ZV4 18 is cheaper for myself.

They are in New Zealand and can be had for not too much. There are a few options for me still. I have been looking at getting a pair of 10's and possibly a custom made 18. I like trying new things so this 18 is definitely in my top 3 to buy. Just have to work out the details. And do to space constraints I will only have one 18" subwoofer. Possibly a PGWALSH-like ottoman.

And then I may build a 8" subwoofer with 10" PR's in a tiny 11" cube. Then have it on display while watching movies. Would look cute even though te 18 was doing 99% of the work. :D

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Looks like I am going to have to do the 11.5" cube with dual 10 PR's and one 10" active. Looks more like a sealed response simulation but I dont mind. PLUS I look forward to building my ottoman for this HST.

That will have to wait but 7.5cuft 16hz looks good to me. Hope others have the chance to have a few pair of these for their next HT subwoofer system.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Alright! Glad to see this driver back, it has such potential.

Check out the Data Bass measurements that were just posted.

The box for the HST-18 is undersized and, when comparing the two, the box used for the TC Sounds LMS-Ultra 5400 was oversized. Put them both in comparable (for the drivers) boxes and the HST-18 puts out a very respectable performance against what many use as a standard. Comparable output, but without the danger of bottoming out barely past xmax and trashing the cone is a most worthy feature. Looking a fair piece better than the UXL-18, too, but it's hard to say without the more extensive graphs there.

That it's only 60% of the price of the TC Sounds (and, unlike the LMS-U, actually available) we have a winner.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

And those test results were done on Version 1 HST. The latest offering likes smaller cabinets.

·
Registered
39 Posts

And those test results were done on Version 1 HST. The latest offering likes smaller cabinets.
Do you recall how much of a difference there is between the T/S parameters? Even this MkI looks mighty good. Makes me wonder how much better the MkII could be.

And then I may build a 8" subwoofer with 10" PR's in a tiny 11" cube. Then have it on display while watching movies. Would look cute even though te 18 was doing 99% of the work. :D
8"? Too big, why not 6.5"?

Or this and these?

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Ya I saw the 6.5" but couldnt find any nice PR's to match that. I did find some 8" PR's that will work with the 8" woofer so I should be good now.

My 8" sub will go nicely with a pair of fusion 6's in the bedroom also.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Do you recall how much of a difference there is between the T/S parameters? Even this MkI looks mighty good. Makes me wonder how much better the MkII could be.

8"? Too big, why not 6.5"?

Sundown Audio X6.5

Or this and these?
Why not 6.5? ?

Neo disk magnet 6.5" driver with only 2.3" of depth. Mechanically silent woofer that uses a nomex spider with flat sewn-on leads and a treated wool/paper blend cone and soft rubber surround. 1.5" diameter 6 layer DVC 4 Ohm mid/woofer with 9mm of Xmax. Works well in 0.20 to 0.25 ft^3 ported to 55 Hz.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Nick you and Jacob keep making amazing products. Congrats and hope everything continues. Like 18" HST PR's . :D

·
Registered
39 Posts

Why not 6.5? ?

Stereo Integrity shallow XBL^2 TM65 mid/woofer
Neo disk magnet 6.5" driver with only 2.3" of depth. Mechanically silent woofer that uses a nomex spider with flat sewn-on leads and a treated wool/paper blend cone and soft rubber surround. 1.5" diameter 6 layer DVC 4 Ohm mid/woofer with 9mm of Xmax. Works well in 0.20 to 0.25 ft^3 ported to 55 Hz.
That looks like a very promising driver. :T XBL² and very shallow, that could make for a great component to build a low profile speaker for a Dolby Atmos setup around.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Why not 6.5? ? Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9nIRXxhCmU Neo disk magnet 6.5" driver with only 2.3" of depth. Mechanically silent woofer that uses a nomex spider with flat sewn-on leads and a treated wool/paper blend cone and soft rubber surround. 1.5" diameter 6 layer DVC 4 Ohm mid/woofer with 9mm of Xmax. Works well in 0.20 to 0.25 ft^3 ported to 55 Hz.
I was just thinking about upgrading my door speakers and then this? Perfect! When will they be ready?

·
Registered
39 Posts

Looks like I am going to have to do the 11.5" cube with dual 10 PR's and one 10" active. Looks more like a sealed response simulation but I dont mind.
How about an 11" based on the HST-18 motor? Seriously. Check out SI's facebook

...38mm of Xmax, 50mm of Xmech, 3" coil, 9.75" mounting depth, 70 lb weight, rated at 1500 watts RMS, and will have an F3 in the lower 30 Hz region in a miniscule 0.4 ft^3 sealed box.
:eek:

Looks like Nick's been Frankensteining up some little monsters in SI's basement.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts

Didn't want to start a new thread for this so I figured here is a good place to post this.....

So I pulled the trigger on a HST18 this past Monday during SI's sale. Just trying to get some suggestions from those in the know as to what a good sealed box volume is. I plan on having chalugadp from AVS put me a flatpack together..... I just need to nail down the dimensions. Would definitely like some respectable output below 20Hz if possible.

It will be in our living room which is only around 1900 cu ft with an approx 6ft wide opening into the dining/kitchen area. Movie/Tv watching happens 90% of the time, however I would like to utilize it for music more often. I'll go with whatever wattage you guys think is necessary for the amp and it will be mated with 5 x Ascend Acoustics CBM-170se's.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

How about an 11" based on the HST-18 motor? Seriously. Check out SI's facebook

:eek:

Looks like Nick's been Frankensteining up some little monsters in SI's basement.
Now were talking. About February time if the price is not too dear I will look into getting one. Hopefully hear more from Nick on that beauty.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this so I figured here is a good place to post this.....

So I pulled the trigger on a HST18 this past Monday during SI's sale. Just trying to get some suggestions from those in the know as to what a good sealed box volume is. I plan on having chalugadp from AVS put me a flatpack together..... I just need to nail down the dimensions. Would definitely like some respectable output below 20Hz if possible.

It will be in our living room which is only around 1900 cu ft with an approx 6ft wide opening into the dining/kitchen area. Movie/Tv watching happens 90% of the time, however I would like to utilize it for music more often. I'll go with whatever wattage you guys think is necessary for the amp and it will be mated with 5 x Ascend Acoustics CBM-170se's.

Thanks in advance
About 3cuft sealed. Ported at 6cuft 20hz is also a nice smaller cabinet with more spl down low. Just depends how much SPL your after. In regards to amplifiers just get the biggest amplifier you can afford.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.