Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
SI already uses Sundown frames. So a SI PR with a Sundown frame will already be the results were talking about.
Exactly. I use their frames, surrounds, and cones, as they have the only items that will support 5" of peak-to-peak travel.

I'm busy building more 24's for customers but I will be able to build a PR after Christmas. Speaking of which the HST-12 is finished. Here are a few pictures:

And here is the T/S list for the HST-12" D2:

Re: 4.2 Ohms
Fs: 15.9 Hz
Qes: 0.39
Qms: 8.95
Qts: 0.37
Le: 5.7
Sd: 46698 mm^2
Vas: 46.8 L
BL: 26.9
Mms: 661.5 g
Cms: 151.2
Xmax: 38mm one-way linear
Xmech: 50mm one-way

Pre-ordering should be open on both the HST-11 and HST-12 by early next week.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Wow that 12 looks gorgeous. Dustcap is the same size as the cone. :D

If using the same motor on all the HST products wouldnt the 12" have the same Xmax as the 18" 35mm?

Just curious as something may have changed on the 12" is all. And would you have any clue how much the PR would cost in an 18" size?

·
Registered
375 Posts

If using the same motor on all the HST products wouldnt the 12" have the same Xmax as the 18" 35mm?

Just curious as something may have changed on the 12" is all. And would you have any clue how much the PR would cost in an 18" size?
Nope, as previously stated the HST-11 and HST-12 have longer voice coils than the rest of the HST lineup, hence the higher Xmax on the HST-11 and HST-12.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Maybe the pictures of the HST-11 were not published on this forum. Here are pictures of the HST-11:

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Nope, as previously stated the HST-11 and HST-12 have longer voice coils than the rest of the HST lineup, hence the higher Xmax on the HST-11 and HST-12.
Makes sense.Figured I would ask.

Any idea on the PR prices?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
A quick look at a model makes me more curious about power limits.

... and wouldn't it be great if the guys that made drivers created the Winisd parameter files for them {hint}

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you can model the thermal performance of the diver under varying voltage and current situations in specific sealed enclosures you should be able to calculate T/S parameters for the divers. Just hit "tab" for key "missing" parameters and you will get your full T/S list.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Any more news on the 15 HST T/S?

·
Registered
2 Posts
let's do not forget the speaker is not everything. There is something much more important within each soundsystem than speaker, what kind of power amplifier such sound you will hear. And where do you want to use HST 18? Home? maybe in your car??? :)

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
These are all geared towards HT. If needing a car sub you can use many other higher FS subs.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Great to hear your keeping busy with those 24's. Awesome!!!

I am trying to make a design for myself using either a pair of your HST 15's or a single 18. Just have to keep simulating until I max out my ideas and find something that will keep me happy. :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Great to hear your keeping busy with those 24's. Awesome!!!

I am trying to make a design for myself using either a pair of your HST 15's or a single 18. Just have to keep simulating until I max out my ideas and find something that will keep me happy. :D
Let me re-measure specs once I open up the shipping box that the HST-15 is in. I'm post them up on here after I do. Should be sometime next week. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Take your time Nick. I sent you a PM asking a few things but may send the PM to your email instead if easier. I have a HST 15 file when you first had them out and they do great in little configuration.

I will post a simulation for everyone to see these subs in sealed cabinet comparisons in a while. I have the 11, 12 , older 15 and 18 on file. Will look at the dimensions of each posted and see how small each will go into.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The parts to make the 11" and the 12" HST subwoofers will be here by early next week. Bad news for production is I am leaving this weekend to attend CES. Since our web guy has been out for a few weeks and there was no pre-order time I'll leave the pre-order price open for two weeks after I get back from CES and get ordering opened up on them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quick bump for a couple questions....

1. Is there going to be a HST 15" model? I'm running the older 15" D2 woofer in a DIYSoundGroup Cube 15 and am curious if there was going to be a 15" woofer so I could drop it in without a new box.....

2. Has anyone posted the WinISD models for the 11 & 12" drivers? Im HORRIBLE with making WinISD files and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I saw a model for the HST-18" driver in the thread, but nothing for the 12 or 11...

The 12 is very interesting for me at least at its current low price, but the 15" if its a drop in replacement may be a better option for me lol.....

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Drop in replacement....maybe. I dont know the box off hand that you have already. BUT most of the HST subwoofers fit in tiny enclosures. These are all very deep designed and wont always fit in every enclosure that was made for another driver. I know my 15 will fit in 1.5cuft in WinISD just fine but in reality I will be placing it in about 2.75cuft. Mainly because the size of the actual motor and to keep needed wattage down.

Nick has a dual opposed 11HST thread I believe on here. If not he has one on Ricci's Databass forum. I will look at the WinISD file thread and see if the HST files have been posted.

I still have to save for the shipping for my 15 so I can build my dual opposed sealed cabinet. Then I can finally update my own thread.:crying:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Drop in replacement....maybe. I dont know the box off hand that you have already. BUT most of the HST subwoofers fit in tiny enclosures. These are all very deep designed and wont always fit in every enclosure that was made for another driver. I know my 15 will fit in 1.5cuft in WinISD just fine but in reality I will be placing it in about 2.75cuft. Mainly because the size of the actual motor and to keep needed wattage down.

Nick has a dual opposed 11HST thread I believe on here. If not he has one on Ricci's Databass forum. I will look at the WinISD file thread and see if the HST files have been posted.

I still have to save for the shipping for my 15 so I can build my dual opposed sealed cabinet. Then I can finally update my own thread.

Thanks. My box is a 4 cubic foot box tuned to 21 has so it's got space though the driver doesn't need it.

Link to the box here: http://www.diysoundgroup.com/ported-subwoofers-1/15-cube/cube15.html

I didn't see a HST 15" driver in their website so didn't know if it existed.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
If the cabinet is ported I would stick with the intended driver that is being used. If you swap in a HST of any size it will most likely have the port chuffing a LOT if ever pushed to Xmax. Better to design from the ground up with the driver.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts