Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
If the cabinet is ported I would stick with the intended driver that is being used. If you swap in a HST of any size it will most likely have the port chuffing a LOT if ever pushed to Xmax. Better to design from the ground up with the driver.
Yeah, that was my thought after looking harder as well...

Plus my wife would like smaller subs much better since they will be easier on the eyes and easier to hide..... and then I could likely do more than 1.... maybe 3 hehehe..

So at this point just wondering if the WinISD files are out there yet so I can do some modeling for my own curiosity.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I see the HT15's aren't in production, but the HST15 is?
Anyone have the TS on the HST15, I guess the normal specs are different from Chrapladm's?

I have (2) MFW15 drivers sitting in Ported Micro cabinets, and their low 225 rating worries me every time I watch something like WOTW/Interstellar etc...
Just not much info on these drivers out there.

Thanks Guys!

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
No I believe I have the normal specs for the latest 15HST D2.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually ended up using waybackmachine.org to get a previous version of the SI website so I could get the T/S parameters. If anyone still needs them pm me and I can send them to you. I believe I only have the D2 specs.

Now they have the 24" I think which could be considered "excessive". :) Got my SI 15" sitting here, was going to put it into a car but I think it will be dedicated to my fathers new basement home theater.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Wait what?

What specs do you have?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I also have a copy of the TS specs for the 15" D2 and D4 woofers that are discontinued.

Did the winisd files for the NEW HST line ever get uploaded?

Flyer running the SVS AS-EQ1 yesterday I am not thinking about replacing my martycube at all but curious how the numbers shake out.

May even sell my minidsp.... Who knows...

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I got the T/S from the waybackmachine.org as Aculous mentioned above.

Thanks Aculous, I went way back! :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
No problem, love that website. Glad I could help!

also for you other folks, specs on the D2 ST 15"

15" D2
Re: 3.7 Ohms
Fs: 18.5 Hz
Qes: 0.37
Qms: 6.3
Qts: 0.35
Le: 3.5 mH
Sd: 80445 mm^2
Vas: 220 l
BL: 18.9
Mms: 309 g
Cms: 239
Sensitivity (1W/1M): 87.4 dB
Xmax: 22.5mm

Recommended enclosures: 15"
Sealed = 3 ft^3
Ported = 5 ft^3 tuned to 22 Hz
Cutout: 14.0"
OD: 15.5"
Mounting depth: 8"
Mounting flange to top of surround: 1.5"
Displacement: 0.19 ft^3

·
Registered
334 Posts
If the cabinet is ported I would stick with the intended driver that is being used. If you swap in a HST of any size it will most likely have the port chuffing a LOT if ever pushed to Xmax. Better to design from the ground up with the driver.
Yeah, that was my thought after looking harder as well...

Plus my wife would like smaller subs much better since they will be easier on the eyes and easier to hide..... and then I could likely do more than 1.... maybe 3 hehehe..

So at this point just wondering if the WinISD files are out there yet so I can do some modeling for my own curiosity.
I'm circling back to this thought again and wondering if I dont try to go for duals by telling my wife I will run dual subs that are MUCH smaller than what I have now so her rooms looks less filled with big speakers, and use 2 11 or 12" drivers in sealed boxes. That would probably give me BETTER LFE throughout my room and in a smaller package so she's happy and since I'm running duals with a more even FR through my room, I'm happy.... And then move my monster sub upstairs to my office just because why not.

Alternatively Nick and I have talked and he said the HST-15 would work in my box. But duals is what I really would prefer due to how big my room is and also even out the response overall.....

Hmmm..................

Lastly has someone posted the WinISD files for the HST-11, 12, 15 or 18 yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have just finished building 2-4.0 cubic parts express cabs together and put 18" SI HTD2 with a Inuke6000DSP and it sounds awesome. The smoothness exceeded expectations and my PSA 15" 1000watt sub could not produce the fullness that these offer. I actually had to check if it was on because I could not even tell if it was in the room with one sub hooked. Both subs even make Youtube video solid. It was a lot work to DIY but the reward was worth it. I heard sound from the pod scene of War of Worlds that were not present with the old subs. I am also playing these 8db less and have a much fuller sound.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts