Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Sounds like it's gonna be nice.

What kind of money have you budgeted for speakers and amplification?

The only drawback to flush mounting the sub is you will be pretty much stuck with the location of it and it's hard to test it before hand. It's not like you can go around cutting a bunch of holes in the wall to test it in different locations. It also limits you to a forward facing sub... no downfiring. Of course you could do an IB if you could work it out either in the Store room or Electrical room on that side of your HT room.... or the attic.

Good selection on the Z4 :T

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Thanks on the forum Steve... we are gonna do our best. We have some fine fella's helping us moderate.

If the currency converter is working right that 5000AUD is about 3900US.

So you will spend as much as 10,000AUD or 7800US for speakers and amplification? You can do a lot with that.

Educate me a little... can you order about anything that's available in the US over in Australia and/or can you order from the US or are you wanting to stay in Australia?

IB=Infinite Baffle - I'm not that up to date on it but basically your speaker box volume is infinite to the extent of the size of your ajacent room where the rear of the speaker is open to. There are a lot of subs made for this. I can't remember who had them but someone posted a pic of two IB subs offset into the wall and firing at each other. Of course you can get really creative. If you are interested in IB then you might post in Speakers and ask for recommendations for IB subs and design... you can point the back to here if you want, but at least you got two threads going to help you get more attention.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Unfortunately Steve, I'm not all that familiar with the detail of IB, but I know some very critical folks who use them, so I would think they could be build for the most demanding person.

Mabye some of our IB guys will chime in.

Of course if you are gonna buy then SVS is hard to pass up IMO. I wanna say all of their subs are downfiring though... which might make it tricky for flush mounting of somekind. The cylinders might be an option... they could pass for nice decor in the corners.

As far as mains and surrounds... whew, there is just so many to choose from. I like PSB and was extremely pleased with their Image line. They have a Platinum series that's awesome. Then I know a lot of people who love their Klipsch... I really enjoyed my Forte's back in the day and I think their Reference line is supposedly better. Of course some folks don't like the horns. They own, or merged with Aragon I think... who makes fabulous amps. I own VMPS RM30's and they have a department in Europe... check out their surrounds... wicked ribbons!

On amps... I'd check out the Earthquake Cinenova Grande 7. It's a big daddy and will do all you need most likely. Excellent reviews! If you wanna get more critical with music you might consider NuForce.

Those are a few I can throw at you, but as I said... there are literally thousands.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Steve Williamson said:
The equipment you have stated looks great, I might have to increase my budget 3 or 4 fold though, the Earthquake Cinenova Grande 7 looks nice, but is the 600 watts RMS or total?.

600 watts per channel into 4 ohms, which my RM30's are 4 ohms.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Steve Williamson said:
Hooray, the house we have been waiting to sell has gone unconditional so we are now waiting for the first week of June to start the construction process.

This has lifted a large weight of our chests.

The RM30's look interesting, but I am looking at JB Labs or Teufel that provide dipole surrounds to produce THX certification on 7.? systems.
Congrats on the house being sold.... construction is always fun. We've built two houses and loved every minute of it.

These are the VMPS Dipole surrounds I was referring too:

And here's the center:

And you might as well go ahead and have them crate up a couple of these for ya:

Or ****... go for the gusto:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Well your home theater is going in there somewhere huh?

Pretty interesting to see the before and after pics.

I have never seen blocks like those before. They look maybe a little narrower than regular ole concrete block, but maybe taller.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I might would run an extra RCA to the rear of the room... just in case. You never know when you might be tempted to try out a dual sub config and one be in the rear. I swore I never would, but did and it's the best setup I've had yet. Never thought it would be, but it is. Good thing is, I can do it, cause it's the home theater room and not a shared room with the great room.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I think it would depend on how far back you are going to be sitting. Personally I'd suggest whichever placement would give you closer to an even triangular setup. However, with in-walls it may be different. Did the recommendation take into account your main listening position?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.