Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
That's nice to know. I didn't find any information indicating you could do that online. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I know it is not a home builders forum but we are one step closer to our home theatre.

The foundations are set and the frame should be up soon. We have Boral cinema zone for the sound insulation which should be interesting as it goes up. Will keep you posted

Attachments

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Well your home theater is going in there somewhere huh?

Pretty interesting to see the before and after pics.

I have never seen blocks like those before. They look maybe a little narrower than regular ole concrete block, but maybe taller.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Framework has started to go up and the theatre is looking better. I have attached pics of the door, inside the theatre and the small electrical room that will house all the AV and computer gear.

Calling around daily now to see the progress.

One side note, the other half went into a store the other day and wanted to buy pictures with abstract saxophone and other instruments on them, I mentioned this is a theatre and not an audiophile listening setup. Now I have to shop for turntable, amp, speakers etc for a dedicated two channel setup side by side with the theatre :R

Should have the electrican and cabler round in the next couple of weeks. Everything is on target for Christmas.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Went through the house with the cabler yesterday, he is absolutely horrified with the amount of cables :bigsmile:

Have decided to bi wire 7 channel speaker locations, 2 rca's to subwoofer locations at front, HDMI, Component to projector location, power and control cable to all windows and front screen for automated curtains, Component - HDMI - Optical and Audio RCA to under riser location to plug in external gaming console. All points to racks in electrical room.

Let me know if I have missed anything, the externals are being bricked this week and the house will be lock up in three weeks.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I might would run an extra RCA to the rear of the room... just in case. You never know when you might be tempted to try out a dual sub config and one be in the rear. I swore I never would, but did and it's the best setup I've had yet. Never thought it would be, but it is. Good thing is, I can do it, cause it's the home theater room and not a shared room with the great room.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thanks Sonny, I'll do it as it is easy as all cables will run under riser to the rear. Decided today to build a bulkhead along the rear wall to mount the projector in, rather than mount it on a normal PJ ceiling mount, also helps with cabling protruding from the ceiling to the rear of the PJ.

Read an article in electronic house ezine about someone using theatre glass to hide the PJ behind to cut down on any noise, anyone heard of this?

Good news, one of my suppliers can source the Panny PT-AE1000 at a reasonable price (demo) :bigsmile: That will produce the 3 mtr picture from the 6.1 mtr bulkhead position

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
External walls are now wrapped ready for brickwork on Monday, electrican started on Friday and we have all powerpoints and light fittings marked out, as well as cable runs and air con decided upon.

We start cabling on Wednesday and the electrician will be finished fit out by Thursday. Need to sort out rack system in electrical room top house all the AV gear plus 3 EP1500 amps for theatre, I have 4 dedciated outlets for AV gear as well as a dedicated circuit to subs and projector location.

Now I have decided upon a bulkhead at the rear to house the projector, it means I can hide the transformers for the trapeze lighting runs in there as well.

When the cabling is finshed the sheetrock company is installing the soundcheck system, so plenty of photos soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow that is gonna look sweet. I hope with all this you are gonna go witha 2.35:1 screen and Panamorph lense. Also the new panny AE1000 will be out shortly after your are done with the build process. If it has similar functions to the 900 you should have proper zoom to use the 2.35:1 rig.

~Bob
Steve, this 2.37 idea is very valid for a dedicated HT room
There is a guy locally to you who has just started building good panamorphic lens that would fit to any standard digi projector like you are considering. The Aussiemorphic lens
I bought one recently and it is excellent. But you need to consider it now before you site your pj (as it needs to go a bit closer to the screen than usual). It allows you to use all your pjs pixels for a cinemascope dvd - hence improving resolution and brightness. Also likely want a wider 2.37 fixed screen if you haven't purchased already - they are available in Aus
Here's the link to Mark at CAVX

http://cavx.blogspot.com/2006/09/marks-home-theatre-projects.html

Inexpensive and versatile for $200 - I just bought one to satisfy my curiosity

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
My wall that the screen will be hung on really dictates a 100" 16:9 screen, my restriction is on both height and width, width as the seating would be too close if it was wider, and height as any lower and the viewers heads would be too close to the bottom of the picture if they stood up.

If I kept the screen width and used a 2.37:1 screen, the picture would be too small for 16:9 films. Also not enamoured about $200 aftermarket lenses with $6000 projectors.

I arrived back from the NT on Friday and am glad that the cablers got on with the work correctly, just some minor alterations to framing positions and the rest of the brickwork to go up on Monday and the house will be ready for sheetrock. I've been through the house 4 times this weekend to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. Making it difficult to sleep knowing that the cables will be hidden soon.

I can start installing the automation system and AV mounts etc when the garage door goes on and everything is secure. Will it ever end :dumbcrazy:

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.