Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Bought a BFD 1124 this weekend, set up and used REW, worked great, but i could hardly press the "store" key.

All the other buttons (fitlter, freq, bandwith, etc) all have a nice dentent "click" action when pressed. The store button, on the otherfand, felt like a keyboard key that had been mashed in and broken. It felt like I was pressing on metal. It had no movement.

After a great deal of pressure, I did get it to save the settings, but it seemed like a great amount.

Is this how they are all designed? I'm going to take it back to the store and exchange it if not.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Is this how they are all designed?
Well, they're certainly not the most expensive devices in the world - that's for sure.

If you're handy you could open the lid and loosen the front panel assembly (that the buttons are mounted on) and move it a bit to relieve the scraping of the store button. Or you could just return it for a new one.. :)

brucek

·
Friend of the Shack
1,356 Posts
I've had two and neither had button problems. If you get a replacement, I don't think it would have that problem. $79 is a good price, BTW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts