Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

just looking for some advice. I know next to nothing about car audio.

My stock Nissan deck recently decided to quit using the left channels. So therefore I am looking to replace the unit with a new deck. I want to stay under $150 for a new one and I am looking for recommendations for a good reliable unit.

I have been browsing Crutchfield's site as well, I just don't know anything about the units.

My criteria for a deck would be:
1. CD player
2. Ipod/Iphone connection
3. Rotary volume control
4. Excellent sound quality
5. Preamp outputs for future expansion

Several years ago in my previous car i had a Clarion deck which I loved. It was a great deck...but it does not have Ipod functionality nor can it play Mp3 disks.

I plan on keeping the stock speakers for now. Ths stock speakershave tweeters in the front columns and 6" drivers on the door panels. On the rear deck are 2 6" full range drivers and one 6" "sub".

Thanks again for any advice you can spare.

Jared

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Sorry for the long return on a reply.
I looked at your car and from what can see is you'll need a special install kit due to the Factory unit being integrated into the dash (i'm sure they make one). Also you will need an adaptor that will integrate your new deck with all your factory speakers (PAC is the company that comes to mind), Crutchfield Advisors should be able to assist you with all of this stuff.
For a new deck i was going to suggest a unit from Pioneer (looks like Mdrake found one:T) or Alpine even Kenwood as all these are great brands that are certain to have a unit with the features your looking for. If you need any help or resources be sure to let me know. Have fun with the install.:T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts