Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since many consider the Stewart Studiotek 130 G3 to be amongst the best when it comes to white screens with over 1.0 gain, it dawned on me that it might be a good idea to create a screen paint that could mimic its overall color reproduction and 1.3 gain. I received a sample of the material a while back and recently looked at it while trying to compare to several screen material options. I noticed that the material is fairly warm when compared with other white screens. I like it quite a bit and it really looks nice with a projected image.

So has anyone attempted to create something that looks similar? The material has a very pear-like look to it so I was thinking a white paint (or nearly white) with some pearl additive could work. I'm sure someone has tried this but most of the mixes I have seen around here are more for ambient light rejection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wish I had a lot of insight into the world of painted screens... but I don't... hopefully someone will chime-in that does! Good luck, I'm curious to see what answers a dug up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts