Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Tempest-X2 in (thanks Kevin!) and am working through building my box which has the driver firing down into the floor.

I have 5lbs of polyfill per the 1lb - 1^ft suggestion.

Do you guys just throw it in there and let it settle on the back of the driver? Do I need to worry about it covering up the pole vent?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Aloha
Brian

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Got my Tempest-X2 in (thanks Kevin!) and am working through building my box which has the driver firing down into the floor.

I have 5lbs of polyfill per the 1lb - 1^ft suggestion.

Do you guys just throw it in there and let it settle on the back of the driver? Do I need to worry about it covering up the pole vent?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Aloha
Brian
Throw it in there. It won't hurt anything. Just keep it from pushing against any moving parts and keep it away from the mouth of the port.

Kevin Haskins

·
Registered
790 Posts
When building the box, stuff it upside down, ie with the driver out and through the mounting hole. Push it in and let it settle a bit. Then get some open weave cotton/hessian cloth and glue and/or staple it across the width of the enclosure between where the back of the driver will be and the fill. Make it tight so it wont sag.

When you mount the driver and turn it right way up, gravity may cause some of the stuffing to fall towards the back of the driver, but it will be 'restrained' by the cloth and cannot touch the rear of the driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.