Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , need some help. I have a SVS PB1000 , I really like this sub, but I want alittle more output. Outlaw has there LFM 1 pluses on sale this week for the same price. I'am still in my audition window for the svs and was wondering if the outlaw would be an upgrade and far as low end output and overall performance?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
On not at all, the PB1000 is way better in all ways it goes deeper and the output is higher. The PB1000 goes down to 19Hz where the LFM only hits 24Hz and at less DB output.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On not at all, the PB1000 is way better in all ways it goes deeper and the output is higher. The PB1000 goes down to 19Hz where the LFM only hits 24Hz and at less DB output.
Wow, so the svs outperforms the lfm1 plus? So I guess I would have to step up to a Rythmik lv12r or the outlaw lfm 1 ex?

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Hey, sorry. I don't know why I thought you were gonna put in a 2nd sub. Can't read I guess. Of the two you mentioned, I like the rythmik myself. I've always thought outlaws strengths were elsewhere in the company. I've seen their subs in a number of shootouts, and they always seem to finish in the middle of the pack. And even with the rythmik, I'd be wary of making a lateral move. In the entry level market, all manufactures have to save money somewhere, and I think they mostly do it in the same places. I would guess the advantage that the rythmik has with the bigger driver, (ext) would be offset by having basically the same power as your SVS, however, rythmiks servo technology is very well regarded, but at this price point I still think performance would be similar. The point I guess is that for all the trouble of shipping and reordering etc., the end result might not be worth all the work. Now, if you were talking about a new ultra, that'd be different. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I strongly disagree about the LFM1 plus. This is definitely a better sub then the PB1000. This is basically the same sub as the Hsu VTF2.4. It is a 12" driver vs the SVS 10" and has adjustable output via two ports with extension down to 18Hz in one port mode.

Is it a big enough difference to justify returning one sub and ordering another? Maybe not. If you want a lot more output than the PB1000 a larger bump up is probably in order to make it worth while.

Have a look at the PB2000, Hsu VTF3.4, and PSA XV15.

The LFM1 plus and LV12R will be small upgrades imo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys , need some help. I have a SVS PB1000 , I really like this sub, but I want alittle more output. Outlaw has there LFM 1 pluses on sale this week for the same price. I'am still in my audition window for the svs and was wondering if the outlaw would be an upgrade and far as low end output and overall performance?
I don't think the Outlaw LFM-1 plus would be a big upgrade. How much more output are you exactly looking for? Budget and size of your room might help with suggestions as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The LFM-1 plus will have significantly more output(4-5db from 30hz on up). It only is down 3db to the EX-1. The PB-1000 is down 3db to the PB12NSD as well. Go to data-bass.com/systems and you can directly compare the EX-1 to the NSD, subtract 3db and get an idea on how the Plus and 1000 will perform. You will see that the they are only close in the 20-25hz range, from 30hz on up the Outlaw pulls away.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
You will see that the they are only close in the 20-25hz range, from 30hz on up the Outlaw pulls away.
Thats not usually a good thing. From 30Hz and up your in room boost will help. You want a sub that has a flat response all the way through its operating range. SVS excels in that area.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My room is 17x15 with vaulted ceilings ,the right side of my living room opens up to a kitchen that is 15x11 with a 8 foot ceilings. By no means i'am I disappointed by the PB1000. Just thought with another 100 dollars I could get alittle more performance, the pb1000 rumbles and shakes the furniture, but it seems from some of the comments here that the outlaw and Rythmik hit harder. I was thinking about getting another pb1000 latter, but than I would be up 1000 for subs, might as well just spend some extra dollars on a bigger sub if i'am going to do that. I know SVS has a nice upgrade policy, so I might have to save a couple more dollars and get the pb2000.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
If you did not already have the PB1000 I would recommend the LFM-Plus too.
But with the SVS already in place I don't know if the difference is enough to make the switch either.
It is more or less a lateral move.
Shipping is included in the SVS pricing, if you send it back do you incur shipping charges?
If you do it makes switching even less appealing.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My room is 17x15 with vaulted ceilings ,the right side of my living room opens up to a kitchen that is 15x11 with a 8 foot ceilings. By no means i'am I disappointed by the PB1000. Just thought with another 100 dollars I could get alittle more performance, the pb1000 rumbles and shakes the furniture, but it seems from some of the comments here that the outlaw and Rythmik hit harder. I was thinking about getting another pb1000 latter, but than I would be up 1000 for subs, might as well just spend some extra dollars on a bigger sub if i'am going to do that. I know SVS has a nice upgrade policy, so I might have to save a couple more dollars and get the pb2000.
If I were you I'd just go for the second PB1000, it'll help with smoothing your room response and provide give you better results than one larger sub.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
This is where it gets fun. Lots of helpful advice to go around. IMO, the 2nd pb1k would help to smooth for sure. Especially in a case of adjoining spaces. However the reason he's talking about subs again is output. I still feel the same as before. The rythmik, and outlaw subs are good. The outlaw even got an audioholics large room stamp. But I think for all the effort, he'll still be wanting more. Nothing worse than buyers remorse, and it seems he has a small case now. If it were my space, I would at least trade up to a PC or PB plus, and maybe even put it in a rear corner. If the budget is really in trouble, then maybe do a PB2k. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is where it gets fun. Lots of helpful advice to go around. IMO, the 2nd pb1k would help to smooth for sure. Especially in a case of adjoining spaces. However the reason he's talking about subs again is output. I still feel the same as before. The rythmik, and outlaw subs are good. The outlaw even got an audioholics large room stamp. But I think for all the effort, he'll still be wanting more. Nothing worse than buyers remorse, and it seems he has a small case now. If it were my space, I would at least trade up to a PC or PB plus, and maybe even put it in a rear corner. If the budget is really in trouble, then maybe do a PB2k. :)
You're telling me .... I've finally heard a small portion of what a sub that can dig deep sounds like(coming from a lava). I just saw the lfm1 plus on sale and thought that would give me a bump in volume without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
You're telling me .... I've finally heard a small portion of what a sub that can dig deep sounds like(coming from a lava). I just saw the lfm1 plus on sale and thought that would give me a bump in volume without breaking the bank.
Oh yeah, what a feeling too! No turning back now!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You may try and order the compatibly priced HSU (it also has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee) perhaps you will like its sound better. You can also ask you local audio stores to see if they will let you listen to what they have to offer in your room. If all are still lacking then I would recommend revisiting your budget. You can also take a look at what is available on your local craigs list, sometime you can find a gem

1 - 20 of 33 Posts