Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad also wants a sub for his garage, and wants a 8 inch driver. He has about 2 cu.ft to work with, before any port or driver displacement. Should he just go for the CSS Trio 8?
He doesn't want very much bass, but his garage is 1225 cu.ft. (35x35)
I put my KLH 10" (about 4 1/2 years old) driver in there, and he thought it was enough. So, would the CSS 8" be equivalent to that 10"? Or would it be better?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have emailed KLH, trying to get the parameters, but couldn't get them. It would probably compare to this one here:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-485
Maybe, maybe not. I also tried my Yamaha 10" sub in his garage, and he thought it sounded alright, so I will try to get the parameters for those instead. Hopefully they can provide some information about that one lol.

I will email them tomorrow, and will have the parameters posted as soon as possible, if they can provide them. I am anxious to see how it will graph :)

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, na, I wouldn't sell one to him, I would just give it to him. :bigsmile:
How many things had he given to me? lol, food, my first sub, etc... :p
I modeled the Sound Splinter RL-i and the CSS Trio 8". The RL-i is slightly better all around, but by only about 1db, and considering it is around $100 more, it looks like it's going to be the Trio. Would you guys recommend any other 8" drivers?

Thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts