Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Sub Gain

Tags
gain
3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  willis7469 
#1 ·
I'm wondering how much gain you're cranked up to? Mine is at the 7th mark(9 is Max) on my PB12-NSD.I could crank it more but I'm trying to refrain! It's not quite hitting the Music Punch the way I like!

#6 ·
I have a pioneer 1019ahk in my bedroom. If I push the "receiver " button in the bottom right corner, then the channel level button(number 0) it will scroll through the channels and you can adjust from there. I think the pioneer saves the new setting after power down. My onkyo requires being in the setup menu. Fwiw, my subs(3) gain controls are at about 1/3 of their value. This yields 75db individually, and between 80 and 82 combined. The sub level in the avr is at -9. I (like this better at -7) This works good because I usually need to trim the sub level up for music, and this keeps me from going into the +. The reason not to go + is basically it can introduce distortion into the signal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.