Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Been learning REW, I have a calibrated EMM-6 (from Herb) and DSP1124P for relevant equipment. Tonight is the first time I've successfully run through the program and my basic question is, after looking at the pre and post cal graphs attached, am I doing something wrong or is this the best I can expect?

I have a house curve loaded with values of:

30 10
80 0

I have Audyssey turned off in AVR, xo in AVR set to 80Hz, mike on stand placed at primary listening position. I plan on running Audyssey MultiEQ XT (using Onkyo TX-SR805) after I have this dialed in best as I can.

Messing around with sub placement and levels brought me down from 7 filters to currently 2.

Any advice when looking at the graphs? Overall frequency response from sub seems quite poor.

I have a little bit more time left tonight before wife and toddlers arrive home in case anyone has some quick suggestions.

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an EMP ES10i.

Here's an image of a new measurement after setting levels with sub instead of mains, seems to look a little better.

Kids home now, no more measurements tonight. Thanks for help!

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
The initial response rolling off as high as it does makes some sense, looking at the specs of the ES10i. It claims 35Hz-105Hz at ±3dB.

If you have set the crossover at 80Hz, I'm not sure I understand the response you are seeing much higher than that. Are you using your mains along with the sub? Do you have a Front A/B choice in the Onkyo SR805 that lets you disable the mains easily? I worry that you are using the DSP to force down the combined response of the sub + main, when you want to be adjusting just the sub to match the target.

Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent point Bill, I just realized I am measuring fronts+sub. I will turn off fronts easily if I can, otherwise disconnect banana plugs and do it that way. Not sure when I'll have time to re-run measurements, but I'll work on sub placement and let the dsp work on just the sub channel, then post back with results.

Thanks very much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts