Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting a pair of subs in the floor under the living room between the floor joists.

Been done before? I'm sure it has.

Any direction?

Ciao,
GEO

·
Registered
311 Posts
Throw us some pictures of what you're working with. What type of sub and how large is the enclosure that you're thinking of making?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything is pretty much open at this time. The floor joists are 2X10 and spaced 24" apart. 1966 Califas building code. lol

I have 3' under the floor to the dirt basement floor.

Thinking of a couple of 18" or 20" woofs. I don't do video and my music is Jazz and Classical. Lots of dynamic range and no bumping. I play double bass and want to replicate that "feel". I also play sax but there is no real bass issues there.

Ciao,
GEO

·
Registered
127 Posts
Your going to need a box then and build it into the floor a nice box would be a bassband box where there's a piece of plexi then you can walk on it and look at the floor and go wow theres a woofer down there FI makes great woofers check them out if you go that path.

send pics along the way

Cheers

KrazyBassKevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that's not gonna happen. The spousal unit is not into that art form. lol
Pretty cool idea though.

Your going to need a box then and build it into the floor a nice box would be a bassband box where there's a piece of plexi then you can walk on it and look at the floor and go wow theres a woofer down there FI makes great woofers check them out if you go that path.

send pics along the way

Cheers

KrazyBassKevin
I was thinking I would place them at the end of the room where the equipment is installed but moving them into the center of the room might be a good idea. How about centering them toward the sides?

I'll be moving into work mode tomorrow, errr Monday, and will not be on the air that much during the week. Plus I have three Jazz shows to attend in the evening during the week.

Life is terrible. =!8^)

Ciao,
GEO

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you thinking of do Iinfinate baffle or doing sealed/ported subs firing into the room? IB seems to be the popular chioce for all out sound quality.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Any progress here? I am curious to see what you have come up with for a design plan. I wish an IB was a possiblility for my basement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts