Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that is local in the Fort Worth, Texas area that can help me replace a subwoofer module. Please inbox me and thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I would say Ken is the best person to talk to. He is generally excellent with his customer service. Have you run it buy him?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say Ken is the best person to talk to. He is generally excellent with his customer service. Have you run it buy him?
Yes, Ken gave me the amp co name. The company mentioned they can send me a module for me to install or I could send the sub to them. The latter would be my only option even though it's costly as I have no experience with modules.
I went ahead and asked if I can just send in the amp plate and modules for repair and I was told I can.
I'm going to do that as it's much cheaper than sending the entire sub.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes, Ken gave me the amp co name. The company mentioned they can send me a module for me to install or I could send the sub to them. The latter would be my only option even though it's costly as I have no experience with modules.
I went ahead and asked if I can just send in the amp plate and modules for repair and I was told I can.
I'm going to do that as it's much cheaper than sending the entire sub.

Removing/replacing amps/drivers isn't all that difficult, just use the right tools and watch your connectors and you should be fine. Lots easier to manipulate the amp than sending a whole sub anywheres....

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Removing/replacing amps/drivers isn't all that difficult, just use the right tools and watch your connectors and you should be fine. Lots easier to manipulate the amp than sending a whole sub anywheres....
The company told me I would need to take some glue off and re glue. I figured I just send the plate with the amp to the manufacturer and still save by not sending the entire sub.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The company told me I would need to take some glue off and re glue. I figured I just send the plate with the amp to the manufacturer and still save by not sending the entire sub.
That wouldn't bother me but I completely understand. Definitely easier/cheaper to send the amp in rather than the whole sub! If I were local would be glad to help you and even glue it for ya! Why isn't KK covering this, though?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That wouldn't bother me but I completely understand. Definitely easier/cheaper to send the amp in rather than the whole sub! If I were local would be glad to help you and even glue it for ya! Why isn't KK covering this, though?
Thank you for offering. I would be thrilled to watch and learn from you.
Ken knows about this but he said I need to go through the amp manufacturer for this.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thank you for offering. I would be thrilled to watch and learn from you.
Ken knows about this but he said I need to go through the amp manufacturer for this.

So the costs are being picked up for your efforts by KK? Or the amp guy? Or is it beyond warranty?

It's simple stuff, if I can solder up a crossover network, and build several subs, this couldn't be worse....

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the costs are being picked up for your efforts by KK? Or the amp guy? Or is it beyond warranty?

It's simple stuff, if I can solder up a crossover network, and build several subs, this couldn't be worse....
It's still under warranty for parts and labor by the amp guy. I'm paying for shipping the amp plate both ways.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's still under warranty for parts and labor by the amp guy. I'm paying for shipping the amp plate both ways.

So KK doesn't have a warranty for this? Seems odd since they sold the complete product. I'd hold KK responsible personally. Then again don't see his product is worth the premium in the first place, and this just reinforces that opinion.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So KK doesn't have a warranty for this? Seems odd since they sold the complete product. I'd hold KK responsible personally. Then again don't see his product is worth the premium in the first place, and this just reinforces that opinion.
Well it's under warranty since I'm not paying for parts and labor. Originally they amp guy was going to send me the amp to install myself but I rather send it to them.
Ken and the amp guy work together at designing the amp. I guess it depends on the part who handles what.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm glad it is covered under warranty! That's great! If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm far east (Forney, near Terrell).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.