Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have 2 18" ascendant audio avalanches. one is wired to 4ohms(they're d2 ohms) and installed in a 9.5 cu ft sonotube tuned to 17hz. i have an ED lt1300 plate amplifier. this is NOT loud and its barely moving!!!!!!!!:sad2:
the volume on the plate amplier is at the 12 o'clock position, the low pass freq dial goes between 50-100hz and i have it a very little bit pass the 12 o'clock position. 25hz boost is 'off', phase is at '0'.

because this is happening,i'm not sure where to plug in the RCAs on the amp. whether i plug iti into the line in, line out or the lfe, i still get sound and a very little excursion from the sub. i can switch the plugs between left and right.... right and left, same results.
i have a denon avr-1603 with no remote. the sub volume on there can go between -12db and +12db and i have it on '0'

lol forgot to add PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a new problem (ie: it worked before)?
brand new. i just hooked up the sub to the amp yesterday for the very 1st time. now i have the RCA hooked up to the subwoofer preout on the receiver and i have 1 of the 2 other ends of the RCA plugged into the LFE 'in' on the lt1300. we'lll see what happens today..........

·
Registered
131 Posts
these are a couple of things I think it could be.
I have an lt1300 and its plenty strong.

So your only using one sub right now right?

Redo your subwoofer wiring. You could have wired it wrong. Check the resistance of each coil to verify you got a dual two and not a dual four.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
these are a couple of things I think it could be.
I have an lt1300 and its plenty strong.

So your only using one sub right now right?

Redo your subwoofer wiring. You could have wired it wrong. Check the resistance of each coil to verify you got a dual two and not a dual four.

if definitely a d2 ohms. AA didnt make avalanches in d4 ohm. and yes, im only using 1 sub right now. i cant find wiring diagrams to wire 2 D2ohm subs up for a final 4ohm load

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Have you changed the cable from the Denon to the sub amp? Is the Denon crossover set very low? Can you get a remote and set the sub setting to LFE+Main and LFE to +15db?

Can you plug a CD or DVD player's line out directly into the amp (start out with the amp volume low, of course). If nothing that way, the amp is likely bad since everything else is out of the circuit.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I would check the amp because ED had alot of problems with their amps....:help: I had to go through 2 amps before I got one that worked right and then I sold the sub because of the problems I had with it.:spend:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you changed the cable from the Denon to the sub amp? Is the Denon crossover set very low? Can you get a remote and set the sub setting to LFE+Main and LFE to +15db?

Can you plug a CD or DVD player's line out directly into the amp (start out with the amp volume low, of course). If nothing that way, the amp is likely bad since everything else is out of the circuit.
no
idk know how low the crossover is set on the receiver....... i cant get to it since i don't have a remote
the sub woofer volume on the receiver is now at +15db and the volume on the amp is still at 12o'clock. it sounds a little more normal now , but where i think it should be. the front left and front right mains are at +4

i'll def try this today

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would check the amp because ED had alot of problems with their amps....:help: I had to go through 2 amps before I got one that worked right and then I sold the sub because of the problems I had with it.:spend:
i knew somebody would eventually say this:doh::crying: how can i check the amp?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Can you plug a CD or DVD player's line out directly into the amp (start out with the amp volume low, of course)
. If nothing that way, the amp is likely bad since everything else is out of the circuit.
and when i do this, what should i be looking for?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts