Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I never had a riser per se' but I did use a 1" piece of granite and it seemed to really help with excessive rumble from a down firing sub in an upstairs room. Really helped with bass direction as well. It was not so obvious where it was coming from.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Use two GrammaPads... isolates the sub from the floor. Not 100% it makes a huge difference. Dale very well could be right about its benefits (!) but one thing is for sure... your sub is decoupled from the floor, so you reap the benefits of that.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant REALLY raise them like 12'', 24'', 36'' etc. I've also notice that lots of DIYers have the driver quite high (high of the floor) in their cabinet.

I fully intend to experiment but was wondering if anybody has tried it and stuck with it

·
Registered
68 Posts
Raising your sub off the floor can be beneficial in smoothing out room modes. The only way to be sure of what your accomplishing though, and how high to raise it, is with measuring software (i.e. REW).

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I run my Danley Sound Labs DTS-10 24" off the floor. It is actually in the next room and fires through an opening in the wall. It has been that way for years. Great open, airy bass you feel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts