Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend is a design student and graduating. he has to do a senior studio project and chose some speakers. I am in charge of choosing the sub and giving him the requirements for space and what not to develop around.

His budget per sub is ~$100, he will be getting the Bash 300 watt plate amp. There will be 2 10" subs, one in each tower. Bottom firing with a port firing towards the listener (port optional depending on sub). the enclosure is relatively between 1.2-1.75 cuft in space.

I have been looking for a good driver in that price range and have come up with this:

RE Audio SRX 10

Now i dont expect to have you guys list off a ton of suggestions or anything. just if there is something that looks better spec wise then this guy. These look like a pretty good deal.

10"
Electrical Q Value -Qes: 0.39
Mechanical Q Value -Qms: 5.5
Total Speaker Q Value -Qts: 0.36
Free Air Resonance -Fs: 25.3 Hz
Equivalent Compliance -Vas: 31 liters
One-Way, Linear Excursion -Xmax: 18 mm
Efficiency -SPL 1W/1m: 85.3 dB SPL
Effective Piston Area -Sd: 310 cm^2
DC Resistance -Re: 1.8 ohm
Nominal Impedance -Znom: Dual 2/4 ohm
Thermal Power Handling -Pe: 300 W
Force Factor -Bl: 14.35

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-RE-AUDIO-S...Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item45ee4eac2b

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reasonably low but due to size and price restraints. This will be a more music setup and good support for movies. realistic expectations here.

Shooting for flat, clean, clear bass.

Though i cannot find the RE SRX 10 in dual 2 ohm or dual 8, need 4 ohms for the amp...

Also any other amps that people use for power? The problem with most amps is that they are too large face plate wise for the project. the rectangle white bash 300 is just right.

Also any other place to get this amp? PE is out till december and they are needed for the project.

Thanks for the help. We really appreciate it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

thats what i am coming up with, though the more i look at it this driver is not doing so good. mainly due to the really long port or really small sealed box, which does not quite work out for the project.

So i guess I am looking for suggestions for a different driver now. ~$100, 10", 300 watts @ 4 ohms, 1.25-1.75 cuft ported an option. does not need to go super low, just sound good.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$200 for subs, one 300 watt 4 ohm plate amp, 1.25-1.75 cu. ft. for each and has to sound good. This is going to be tough.
one 300 watt amp per sub.

I suppose size could go down to .75 cuft if that makes a difference.

2 subs a possibility per box, 2 boxes. budget is say $250 shipped or so for subs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts