Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My receiver has 1 preamp out for the sub but my sub has a left and right connection. Should I use a splitter and plug into both left and right for better sound?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Usually it makes no difference. Just use the one input.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good. That's what I did. I also set my fronts and rears the receiver to large. Does that make a difference for sound? I'm new to this aspect of home theater. I've always own HTIB.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Good. That's what I did. I also set my fronts and rears the receiver to large. Does that make a difference for sound? I'm new to this aspect of home theater. I've always own HTIB.
Your first question was easily answered by Tony, this second questions is a little more complex but it is usually recommended to set all speakers to small and run the xo around 80Hz.
First, conventional wisdom is to "Let the sub(s) do what subs do - handle the deep bass and lessen the AVR's amp's load for increased headroom for the remainder of the FR.
What speakers, sub and receiver do you have?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fronts are Infinity Primus towers. Rears are the Klipcsh KS-14 rear surround. Sub is a pioneer 8" powered sub.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I did the MCACC on my pioneer receiver It set all the speakers to large, I have a Klipsch synergy set up. The difference between "large" and "small" is rather the speaker can handle the full range or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts