Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 9 year old Rockford Fosgate 12" punch power car audio sub, the model is RFR-1412. It s a 4ohm sub and is rated for 600w rms and 1200w peak. It was recently pulled out of my brothers car and is now collecting dust. It is still in the ported box he purchased and sounds amazing. I am very new to home theater and am wondering if there is an amp out there I can use to power this beast for home use. I was looking for a plate amp that I could mount in the box and found nothing. The sub is 4ohm and I was told by a local shop I would need a mono block amp, but they were not sure where I could find one. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have you looked on www.partsexpress.com? they have 3 or 4 plate amps. The ones I'm using are the BASH 540w digital amps. These things rock. I have the subout in the AVR set to -10db and the plate amp's VC only turned to about 1/3 its travel and its still 10db hotter than the other channels.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 500 watt Bash amp just arrived from parts express! Awesome! Now I can get started on my project, all my pieces have arrived!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts