Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
They might respond with something akin to "They're already on movies you buy/rent"...
Yes but Look at what Disney/Pixar did They put together a Bluray of all the animated shorts they did from the very first "lamp" to the last one they did in 2007. I own it.

Sadly, one of the only ones that I am really interested in has never been available for download and I only saw it in the theaters. It was a THX trailer that included just a bunch of sound clips from different movies. I really liked that one, but I've never seen it available for download or even released on any home videos.

Ive never even heard of that one, or seen it :scratch:

There is another one I really like, though its not a THX one. Its the Dolby one with the helicopter flying down to a big neon vertical Dolby sign out side of a cinema, the lights light up one at a time with a satisfying thud. The whole sequence is a nice dynamic audio sweep :T

Ive never even heard of that one, or seen it :scratch:

There is another one I really like, though its not a THX one. Its the Dolby one with the helicopter flying down to a big neon vertical Dolby sign out side of a cinema, the lights light up one at a time with a satisfying thud. The whole sequence is a nice dynamic audio sweep :T
I actually have that Dolby Demo Disc, with all the older DD demos..

Yeah, the THX trailer that I was referring to only had a short limited run and as I said it never made it to video releases.

I sent THX an email this afternoon about making the trailers available to the public on BluRay so we will see what sort of response I get.
Well, I receiverd a reply this is what they said;

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your interest in THX.

Currently, our team is working on an upcoming release of a THX Blu-ray HDTV Installer Disc. It will contain a new version of the THX HD-Optimizer, more advanced test patterns for Professional Installers, as well as some THX Trailers. The rollout date is still unknown, but we’re hoping to have it ready by early 2010. In the past these discs were only made available to partners, dealers, reps, etc. As you probably know, they weren’t made for sale to the general public.

At this point, I am unclear what it’s availability will be.

In the meantime, I’d suggest subscribing to the THX Newsletter, or following us on Twitter at “THX_Training”, if you wish to keep up to date as more information becomes available.

Here are the links for your convenience:

http://www.thx.com/company/newsletter.html

http://twitter.com/thx_training

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Ryan Hennigan
THX Ltd.

Sadly, one of the only ones that I am really interested in has never been available for download and I only saw it in the theaters. It was a THX trailer that included just a bunch of sound clips from different movies. I really liked that one, but I've never seen it available for download or even released on any home videos.
I have that one on a DVD that is full of DD trailers as well as DTS trailers it is a Lukas film Trailler with all the movie clips from Starwars, Indiana Jones and a bunch more. Its about 8min long

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Well, I receiverd a reply this is what they said;

Hi Tony,
"...In the past these discs were only made available to partners, dealers, reps, etc. As you probably know, they weren’t made for sale to the general public..."

Hi,

That's good that they're putting together something that's new. I went on the website and there seems to be training that took place in California, upcoming Netherlands, then Florida. The training costs money. So how do I, as an average Joe, get those THX demo discs without taking part in THX certifications?

I'm also interested in BluRay demos. Sure I have movies, but if I have a quick demo disc that shows just awesome HD movie scenes, nature scenes, - that'd be cool. The only ones I don't really like are the ones that show the split screen "DVD" vs bluray pictures. It just seems hokey. While I'm on a mini-rant, why do DVDs have advertisements for bluray? It's not like you can see the difference coming from a DVD. It seems silly.

H

So how do I, as an average Joe, get those THX demo discs without taking part in THX certifications?H
You might try scouring the used marketplace for discs sold by people who've been through the training but thin kthey have no use for the discs...
Or download'em and burn'em...

Tony, the THX trailer I am talking about is actually not a bunch of movie clips it's just sound clips from different movies with the THX logo on screen the entire time. It's only the length of a typical THX introduction, also. I wish I could find it!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.