Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Martin Logan Montage speakers that I am planning to use as front speakers for a 5.1 system. I am looking for advice/recommendations on subwoofer, center, and rear speakers. Should I limit myself to speakers from Martin Logan or consider other brands as well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
First of all ... Welcome :wave:

... Should I limit myself to speakers from Martin Logan or consider other brands as well?...
Is better to use the same speakers everywhere ... but most of the times this is not possible :yes:

My suggestion is to get Martin Logans to compliment the speakers you have ... and if you want to use another brand is okay too ... but get at least the center channel to match your fronts, and if you get another brand try to timbre match them (that's why is better to stay at least with the same brand) :yes:

·
Registered
482 Posts
^^^^ Agreed. Match the center to your fronts at least. Matching the rears would be good too but not totally necessary. If you are doing M/C music it is more important to match the rears to the fronts but for mostly HT use, it isn't SUPER critical.

As far as subs go, do you have a price range in mind? There are lots of great subs out there for not a lot of scratch right now. SVS, HSU, Outlaw, AV123, etc. ALL have great offerings. I personally have dual AV123 MFW-15's in Satin Black and LOVE them. There is a deal on dual MFW's that just started today as well. I'd post a link but I don't have enough posts but it's on AV123's site. It might be something to check out if you are pretty serious.

Good luck!

Scott

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Thanks salvasol. I will listen to some ML speakers and decide.
You're welcome :T

If you want to be able to post links and pictures ... just use the link on the previous post to increase your count to 5 and lift the restriction too :yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts