Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Right now my main speaker is build over fostex fe167e and they dont go so low. So i was thinking of building a subwoofer.
I dont have the room for 2 subwoofer so 1 would do.

I have looked at the 300 and 500 bash plate amp from oaudio.

What would you recommend for driver and plateamp if you cant recommend the bash.

Not higher than 15"

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Hi there. Right now my main speaker is build over fostex fe167e and they dont go so low. So i was thinking of building a subwoofer.
I dont have the room for 2 subwoofer so 1 would do.

I have looked at the 300 and 500 bash plate amp from oaudio.

What would you recommend for driver and plateamp if you cant recommend the bash.

Not higher than 15"
Hi Wuffer and welcome to the shack. There are many desiegns and drivers available but that would depend on your budget. If music is your main concern then a sealed desiegn would work best for you. The Shack has a great diy section with tons of builds and idea's that you could go through to see if any would interest you. See them here...http://www.hometheatershack.com/gallery/index.php?c=3The members here are very helpfull and are the most knowledgable people in HT,imo,so again welcome to the shack and have fun.:T Also check out the database..http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-sealed-ported/9265-subwoofer-database.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replys.

15" for drive size. Well im not sure how much i will spend but i think up to 300 USD.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
If you're positive you won't be using this for any movie watching, a small sealed without EQ would be enough, as the majority of music doesn't dip below 30hz, and that's where most small sealed subs start running into issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you're positive you won't be using this for any movie watching, a small sealed without EQ would be enough, as the majority of music doesn't dip below 30hz, and that's where most small sealed subs start running into issues.
a small sealed sub will never deliver 30 hz at serious levels.

for music i recommend using a large, high efficiency ( 90+ db ) sealed subwoofer.

and go all out on stuffing or line the sides with acoustical foam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts